Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My family and I like to make a request to our fellow UTV enthusiast and friends. A very good friend of ours and fellow off roader has been battling with a disease named CF or Cystic Fibroses (read about it here: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - ABOUT CYSTIC FIBROSIS). Our family has been riding and camping with his for a few years now, some of you on here may have even meet them or camped with them in Cal City or Pismo Beach. Jason Orifice is now 19 years old, every day he undergoes breathing treatments and a regiment of pills and drinks in order to mantian his health. Monthly he makes the trip to the Children's Hospital in Long Beach for check ups and tests. Some of which would bring the strongest man to tears. Those who are born with CF are given a life expectancy of 25 to 37 years of age. I've known one family who's daughter did not make it to her 12th Birthday. I'm not posting this here for sympathy as Jason is not the type of kid that uses his illness as an excuse for anything. I am posting this here in hopes that those of you that have companies or have friends with companies can help him out by supplying parts for his new Teryx. We were able to get a great deal from Santa Clarita Motor sports on a new LE last weekend, and now with your help I want to help him turn it into something to be proud of. As you might guess he is unable to work due to fatigue and the inability to go with out his breather for several hours. He made a request to the Make A Wish Foundation 3 years ago for a Rhino but it was not able to happen. So with the help of friends and mostly his family they made his one dream come true last weekend. Now with your help we can turn his Teryx into his dream machine. Even if you can not give maybe you can help out by letting me buy parts for him at cost. Anything would be helpful. My family is going to do everything we can in terms of suppling parts for him and now I'm asking if the UTV family as a whole if you can help me help him.. There is no cure for CF only hope that one will soon be found, but until then my family and I want to make sure he has the best of what this world has to offer. If you can help in any way please e-mail me @ [email protected]
Thank you all for your time and consideration.
John McLean

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hunterworks is willing to help.

I have a question for you first. How does anyone know this is actually true and not some internet scam to get free parts or at a reduced priced.

I'm sure you are telling the truth here myself but who really knows. I only say this because anyone who can help will be thinking this.

Todd

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Todd
I have already ordered the VDI from you. I talked with you last week and set up a dealer account. So Cal Karts in California. This was the second VDI I have purchased from you, I also ordered a programmer unit at the same time.. I know there are many people out there that are dishonest but I assure you I am no scam artist and just want to help out a friend. I'm pretty sure I can even put you in touch with his case worker at the Children's Hospital if you need any more info on him. Todd I know you have my number on file please give me a call if you would like to put your mind at ease.
Thanks again
John

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
truly a sad deal,i just had a 31 year old friend pass away from cancer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Wow, Thank you all for your kind words and E-mails

I would like to thank Kevin & Jessi @ Custom Creation's | for their very kind offer as well as Harry @ Thunderhawk Performance, Inc. www.thunderhawkperformance.com . For his generosity and kindness. Please show these 2 companies your support as they have reached out a helping hand with out question to someone that they have never met .. WOW .. Thank you guys again for your help..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like to donate a Safeglo LED whip. Give me a call at the 909 number on our website and let me know what color he would like and I will ship it right out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
safeglowhips.com

Thank you Innovativeimports!!!!!!!..SafeGloWhips I will give you call tomorrow.. You have some great products on your site. I will give you my business for my own personal Teryx as well, I'll order a RED whip for myself as well as the telescoping trailer locater flag set up as a thank you for providing Jason with the flag...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to here about Jason, We are currently manufacturing whip mounts for the Teryx. I am not trying to advertise, but we would be glad to donate a mount for Jason's Teryx. They will be going to anodize on Friday. We shouold get them back next week. Please send me your info. We will ship one to you as soon as they come in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you

Performance Concepts.. Thank you.. I will get you his info right away.. Again thank you all so much...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I said I was in and I said I knew who you were, I was thinking about that those who might just happen onto this site.

Like said, shoot me an e-mail of what we can do and I will send it!!

In my defense, I can't remember who I talked with today and surely not a couple of days ago.

Sorry for not typing it so I got my real point across the first time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hunterworks.com :yr1:

Todd you are one of the most straight forward guys I know. A real pleasure to talk with on the phone and you have been a tremendous help so far with my personal Teryx build/tuning... I really hope to meet you one day.. I will give you a call tomorrow morning after I get the kids off to school. Thank you for your offer. I did understand your question and I knew how it might sound as I typed my intro post. There are those folks that will do anything to get a freebee or discount, but truly I don't need that kind of karma coming back to haunt me..LOL. What ever I can do to show those that read this that I am a very honest family man that just wants to help out someone that was dealt a bad hand right from the start of life I will do it..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thunderhawk Performance Inc & Innovative Imports

Harry, Great talking with you this morning. Just wanted to say thanks again for your help and support. Harry stepped up and promised Jason items from his up coming Teryx Line, including opening full DOORS!!!! www.thunderhawkperformance.com. :icon_rockwoot:
-John

Special Thanks go out to Innovative Imports aka Safe Glowhips it was great talking with you. These guys stepped up and hooked Jason up with a Red White And Blue LED quick release whip set up... Thank you again for your generosity and support http://www.safeglowhips.com/:hat1:
-John

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Id be happy to hook him up with some radiator shrouds.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Powell Performance Fabrication - PPF

Thank you!!!!.If you want send them to my address that you have. I should have some pictures of the ones that I got from you a couple weeks ago up by this weekend.. Thanks for your help...:pepper1:
-John

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Custom Creations

I just wanted to post a Thank you to Kevin and Jessi of Custom Creations | I talked with Kevin and he is going to work on Getting some new Gloves, Goggles and other goodies for Jason.. He also offer up some great deals on parts.. Thank you for your time and your help.. I look forward to riding with all of you some day..:yahoo:
-John

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
He just signed up I think yesterday!!! Screen name is "Jason" I believe he is typing up something for posting today or tomorrow... And to you Brian.. Thank you so much for allowing me to post all of this... With out you and your forum none of this would be possible.. SO Thank you so much!!!!!
-John

If anyone needs to call me to be reassured that this is all about helping a really good kid and all parts are going directly to him please send me a message and I would be happy to send you all of my info and his for that matter.. Hey if your close enough to me stop by and have a beer.
Thank you all
-John

1 - 20 of 67 Posts