Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all I’m a little pickled I was riding yesterday and after awhile I noticed when I finally got on hard packed road to open it up I couldn’t get it to go over 20mph in high or low gear anyone ever had this happen???

· Premium Member
587 Posts
This is the most common problem with teryxs

Primary fuel filter most likely

Filter is small can’t take much dirt
Buy oem filters only
Do it seasonally or when needed
Keep fuel cans and tank clean
Suck out all dirt and water
A hand pump fluid evacuator from parts store comes in handy
Don’t keep driving it or you ll clog of the secondary screen inside the pressure regulator section of the pump.

· Registered
228 Posts
You know whats weird about this problem. My buddy bought a new 2014 teryex and another buddy of mine did the same day. Well one had the fuel pump go in a couple months and then the other about a month after that they were both replaced under warranty. So after that one did fuel pump mod and the other one didn't that was back in 2014 and they run them hard in every condition and lots of mud and since they bothe had fuel pump replaced by dealer neither have had a fuel pump issue since . You would think my buddy with out the fuel pump mod would've had a fuel pump issue since 2014 .

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2013 krt 750. No power and only goes 20 mph and starts to jerk when I get up to 12-15 mph. I've changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and still same problem. I also was wearing my seat belt. I noticed when I turn the switch to 4 wheel drive it goes in pretty easy. When I switch back to 2 wheel dr the light keeps jumping back and forth to 2 wheel to 4 wheel quickly. It doens't settle in unless I turn the engine off then on again then it will say 2 wheel drive. Any one have any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts