Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post in the NW section to see how many other people are around from Oregon. I live in the Portland area but ride mostly in southern, eastern and central Oregon. I just got the Teryx Camo LE and love it so far. Can't wait to get the CDI, air box kit from Hunterworks and possibly the Gibson exhaust.

Any input on these bolt on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-BAJAXPIMPN

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Teryx is pretty damn fun is stock form, so I can't wait to get things done.

As posted by many people the heat coming up from the motor is very noticeable. I'll be moving the 1/2 windshield up about 6'' to try that out or I may just remove it for the summer riding times. From late fall to late spring I'll end up with a full windshield for protection and I hope that the heat "will" come up from the engine then for warmth.

Boosti, is the Gibson exhaust as quiet as they claim along with a noticeable increase in HP?

Thanks...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, what did you do with you Gibson? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
just thought i'd say hey, i just signed up tonight. i live in eastern oregon and thought i'd see if you road anywhere close to where i live. do you know where adrian oregon is, or ontario?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
how does the teryx do on the oregon dunes? i know it kicks a$$ in the mtns this will be the first time at the dunes with the teryx

·
Sandman
197 Posts
Hey let me know if any of you go to the oregon dunes, I run sandlake, florence, windchester bay (mostly), and coos bay dunes all summer long.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't been to the dunes yet, so I can't wait to see myself.

Ace, I come to down to the Burg quite a bit so PM me if you want to hook up for a ride. Either over at the coast or the in the woods. I grew up in Melrose.

-BAJAXPIMPN

·
Sandman
197 Posts
hey we also made a day of rippin it up the trask river out of tillamook oregon...... what a kick. climbs that make you go "holly sh!t" trails and roads neverending. spent about 7hr and never saw the same trail!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sandmankrohn, I've just been up around Browns Camp riding. Maybe we should hook up for a ride and you can show me the trail system you talking about.

-BAJAXPIMPN

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
i am tring to get my girls family to take there rhinos to browns camp to do some riding. this thursday we are going to the oregon dunes around flourance some where. i think it is around moud lake. i can't wait to run the teryx against my girls brother. :pepper1:he has a 700 rhino he has done a complete clutch kit mod, msd ignition, and a k&n air filter and i think i still may get him. he's maxing out a 49 mph. i'll let you all now how she does on the dunes. and if he beats me i may have to get that muzzy exhaust before the wedding. let me know when your in the burg man i run up around south deer creek alot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello all from Oregon, piping in to say Hi, I am a sandcar builder here in Springfield and am just finishing prototyping long travel suspension and a few other goodies. PM me if interested and we should all keep in touch somehow.

Attachments

·
Sandman
197 Posts
hey all: browns camp is pretty cool but the trask has a lot fewer poeple to avoid. I think our next big multi side x side run will be over at mount baiber riding area near about 20 min from toledo .... used to be about 37 miles around the hard course almost all dirt and mud.
as far as florence I usually ride out of south jetty staging area, but if we go for more than just a few hours I prefer to head farther south... winchester bay is cool but not much beats horsefall campground.

bajaxpimpin: yes, but we gotta get my buddy Danny to go he knows his way around up there better and he's a little crazy so its always in for a good run!!

ace of spades: let me know if you are going to florence... if the weather holds and I get my new clutch installed:pepper1: I might bring my teryx and the boy's trx 450:icon_thumleft:

I will post here when we get a group wanting to go

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
SANDMANKROHN: think we will be at florance friday if the weather holds or if it rains we are going to stay close to the house we rented around moud lake. but on friday i want to go to horsefalls i will be out there with the camo teryx with 2 green rhinos with full roll cages. did you know you have to have insurance to ride on the dunes with a side by side. let me now when you all go to baiber riding area.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ace, we'll have hook up for a ride when I'm down there next. Isn't south deer creek out through Dixonville? I've got a friend that has some property out that way.

Sandman, were is mount Baiber riding area and if there any sxs rally's or get together's I would be interested joining in.

·
Sandman
197 Posts
mt baiber is about 20 min outside of toledo oregon(by newport). am going to see about sxs ruleing but I know someone that takes his out there. even if they have it blocked at the staging area there are 100's of mile of roads and I know where most of the nasty trails are

ace almost forgot... you headin for florence..... teryx apart waiting on ups for the clutch tool( track said out for delivery) then I am apart for vent racing clutch kit so it will be back together for a sat run
:pepper1:
sandman 541-921-1147

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
went to the dunes thursday and friday it was sick. the teryx hit 49 mph.:pepper1: out ran both of my girlfriends familys rhinos with ease.:FIREdevil:ate them up in all the ranges bottom end and top end. it was great though we jumped the teryx around 26 to 28 feet without bottoming out, but when in did bottom out it made me wish i had some elka shocks. i think some paddle tire would help out with the hill climbs and with getting going in the soft sand. i think i would dig around 4 inches before i moved an inch. but with stock tires it went great. wouldn't mind having some 25 inch paddles on the rear and some stock 25 inch tires in the front. ran it most of the time in 2 wheel drive for the speed.

·
Sandman
197 Posts
yeah its cool... went out sunday and prob going back this weehend if weather allows. if not will head for the trails somewhere??!!

just got a call and my buddies want to go to mt baiber a week from sunday.

ace; whats up... smaller tires??? really??? I run 26x10x12 itp sandstars and wish I would have gotten more tire!!!! when summer hits will prob cough up the dough to get some 26x12x12 extremes.might sell or keep th itp's for the front

1 - 20 of 45 Posts