Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife got the Gator 620i a few weeks ago and it's working out perfectly in the Farms going from our house to the barn and riding around our property.She's even passed some police on the streets without any issues.

Now it's my turn and I still want to get a Teryx, just wondering what depth water it can go through (safely) in stock form. We have a canal that runs behind our house and it's only about 10' wide and max depth of 2'. Would it easily make it ?

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Nope, I was at mud nationals 2 weeks ago and was not impressed with my teryx's water abilities, I had to get towed back to camp almost twice a day and I was pissed. The thing would just up and quit going slow through anything more than a foot of water. Its partly my fault...my VDI kept getting wet and i should have took a little time to waterproof it. Whenever the VDI got wet I switched to the stock CDI and it ran great but eventually after switching boxes so many times all the plugs were wet and I spent most of my time drying out the plugs. You might get a little deeper than a foot with a stock cdi but 2 feet is pushin it, the belt vent is very low stock but i had no problems with getting the belt wet, I stalled out in a 3 foot hole by accident got pulled out put and put the stock cdi in and it fired right up and the belt never slipped. If you plan on going through alot of water take the time to snorkle your teryx and reroute your vents and breathers and find a way to keep all the electrical dry. these things just arent made for water

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PPF.
I guess I'll talk to the dealer about getting it prepped as best as possible prior to bringing it home.
I really only need to cross this one canal and then I'm home-free to miles of trails

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine is in stock form and i haven't had any problems with the stock electronics first time out i turned it almost over on drivers side had water over the driver seat and still ran the only thing i can think of that might give u problems is the rear cvt exhaust ,i have been in water over the center hump and she kept right on going.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had water right up to my butt and the steam from the engine wanted to choke it out and i almost died...plus the belt got wet. i think the cvt exhaust outlet is too big and doesnt produce enough outward force to keep water from pouring in. im gonna try to reduce it down somehow to incease the pressure of the belt exhaust,but keep the belt sufficiantly cool. got any ideas PPF?? seems like you have had this same problem too. the biggest problem i see is it is already so close to the engine exhaust pipe that i may have to re-arrange eveything just to add some kind of reducer.

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
I went through a creek crossing about seat high and had no problems. The Rhino 700 behind me died and I had to pull it out. He says that's about as deep as his will go in stock form also.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Must just be my VDI then, I talked to Lyle I am sending it to him he wants to take a look at it. Bruteboss, I saw some guys at mud nationals that shortened the cvt exhaust outlet pointed it upwards and then had some kind of flexible tubing or hose attached and actually ran it up a little higher, I didnt get a very close look at it but they said it does the trick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:tools1::tools1:
Must just be my VDI then, I talked to Lyle I am sending it to him he wants to take a look at it. Bruteboss, I saw some guys at mud nationals that shortened the cvt exhaust outlet pointed it upwards and then had some kind of flexible tubing or hose attached and actually ran it up a little higher, I didnt get a very close look at it but they said it does the trick.
thanks PPF, im gonna try that........, maybe i can find some of the tubing to use locally (Lowes.. Home Depot...). thanks again for the help

·
Registered
813 Posts
Keep us up to date...

:tools1::tools1:

thanks PPF, im gonna try that........, maybe i can find some of the tubing to use locally (Lowes.. Home Depot...). thanks again for the help

·
Registered
32 Posts
I snorkeled my belt inlet and exhaust to solve all of these problems yall are talking about, I have had my seat under water several times with no issues. If you will place dielectric grease on all of your electrical connections it will help with the electrical problems.

Sulphur River Snorkels
Midway, TX

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Check out youtube. There is a guy on there that takes a stock Teryx (with only snorkels) through a pond over the dash and makes it through. It is under Kawasaki Teryx and I believe it is under "Deepest yet"
:nuts:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts