Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to remove the catalytic converter, but obviously need to remove the exhaust first. Does anyone know a better trick to get the exhaust out rather than taking the whole machine apart? Any help would be realty appreciated! Pictures would be helpful, if available.

·
Registered
974 Posts
To remove the catalytic converter, just pull the muffler. The last three inches of pipe that actually go in the muffler has the catalyst in it, cut it off without cutting the flange the muffler bolts to and your done.

Reactions: 13923

·
Registered
146 Posts
^^^^^
That's really all there is to it? Can anyone else who's done it confirm this. If so, I'll do mine this weekend!

·
Registered
660 Posts
yes, its easy....I just did it to my 2015 T4

·
Registered
974 Posts
Want to go for a third opinion??

Reactions: 13923

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm actually asking how do you get the exhaust out. It's an extremely confined space and I'm wondering the easiest way to get it out without removing the rear seats.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You don't have to remove the seats or the exhaust, just the muffler. Total of 4 bolts I think. Drill, smash, cut, poke, pry or whatever works for you to get the honeycomb out of the exhaust pipe the muffler was once bolted to. Start it up or use shop vac to get the pieces out before bolting muffler back on.

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Try an open end wrench. It can be done.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It can be done. I did it...

·
Registered
660 Posts
"I can't" never gets anything done. Roll your sleeves up and reach in there!!! Good luck

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Do those owner commanders make any difference even without an aftermarket exhaust?
Not having any limiters will be the biggest difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts