Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing a warn winch and a set of Muzzys this weekend. Question is, how has everyone ran the wiring from the winch back to the drivers seat? Doesn't look like there is a lot of room there to run and secure the wires.

Also, where is everyone putting the remote control plugin? I saw someone over on TeryxHQ that mounted it in front beside the winch, but it seems to me like that area will see too much gunk to trust an electrical plugin to not get fouled up...

Thanx,
Scott...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have some zipties that have bolt holes on the end...I plan on using self tapping screws to secure them to the floor under the hump...This will keep them out of the drive shaft and off the radiator lines...I will leave enough room to add wires later if needed..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I removed the plastic panels under the seats and the drive shaft tunnel and ran ours up through the front end to and through the tunnel, securing it with tie wraps as we went to secure the wires and to keep it off the drive shaft, and secured the black box with 2 screws on the Metal bracket that is in the drive shaft tunnel right where the plastic panel that is the front of where the shifter is, then ran the rest of the wires up through the frame work, tie wraping them to the frame (keep them tight and tucked in so the plastic panel will fit and still align up with the holes for the plastic keepers to go in. Be sure to tie the wires up and keep the wires away from and off the exhaust, then on to the battery. Put the control plug where Rutcutter did in his post : http://www.teryxforums.net/general-teryx-discussion/366-gps-mount-winch-controller.html I drilled a hole in the plastic panel using the plug as a guide and bolted it to the panel with 2 bolts and 2 nylock nuts. Then I put it all back together making sure the wires are tucked in tight so you can get the panel to line up with the holes for the keepers. Hope that helps you.

Jack

·
Registered
182 Posts
I routed the wires to the winch the same way the wires go into the battery compartment, following the frame under the drivers seat. It was a tight fit. The contractor is on the slanted side of the battery compartment next to the motor. The wires for the control switch and the remote plug....haven't done yet, I don't think I can get those through there now...the two wires to the winch has filled that narrow area up. I'll probably wire in like Rutcutter did.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ran my wires through the hump,zap strapped them so the wouldnt hit anything.it took alittle patience putting the plastic pieces back on and I never want to take them off again.
I took off my hood and instlled my remote plug right beside my power outlet on the dash and my rocker switch is located above my ignition.I cut a whole just big enough for it to fit then put some black silicon around it to help keep it there as well as to cover up a small miscalculation on my part while I was using the dremmel.
Everything looks clean and works, little scarry using the dremmel to cut into the dash though. good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
t-rexer I hear ya on the dremel..I opted not to use the dremel instead I put a wood bit in a adapter and used a 1/4" ratchet..it was nice and slow and not hard at all..I took some pics but have to down load yet..

·
Registered
186 Posts
when you take off the hood you can get at everything. speedo,power,ignition.
thereis a kind of outlet in a pouch behind there. thats what I pluged into for my remote wire instead of splicing into my ignition.The screws can be a pain because they bite into plastic tend to turn a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts