Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
:rofl2:with rubber bands , zip ties and bailing wire but if i run out of it a coat hanger works good too:rofl2:

·
Red383
472 Posts
Tire bonnets

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Same here...It's a little more time consuming to put them on, but she ain't going anywhere! lol

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
In interested in hearing and seeing how people tie their Teryx's down.
It's not going to run off. :D Mine has been in the garage for a month and hasn't moved. (I trained it well)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Tire bonnets
how does that work with big tires? Also do you have a link to which ones you bought? I may consider this... 4 years ago i was leaving Crosby and on I-10 heading back to beaumont area and both of my 2" straps broke and rhino fell off the trailer, it stayed upright, i pulled over, got out and ran about 1/2 mile and jumped in it started it right up and loaded it up agian of course all of this happend at about 3am.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Mine are Jegs brand, which is where I bought them and the E-track.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I put it in neutral and set the parking brake. I put one tie down on the rear bumper. Of course mine is in a enclosed trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I ordered a box of 100 1/4-20 x 3" (I think it was 3" long-double check before ordering) Grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts. I drilled through the deck boards every other hole in the E-Track and fastened down using an impact. It's worked great and none have worked loose.

Reactions: Magellan

·
Registered
186 Posts
A guy i know puts a ratchet strap through a d ring on the tow reciever. He then winches it to the front if the trailer. He uses on strap up front as a safety. Seems to work well and is fast. It holds fine through the local switchbacks. He uses the 3" straps. Not the little 1" ones.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I use 6 straps thru big D rings but like the etrac system better.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I use a 3/8 steel chain and a binder , even if I would flip the trailer it aint coming off , I have also used ratchet straps but the large ones , the etrack works great especially with a enclosed trailer , with a open trailer I like chain or large straps

·
Red383
472 Posts
how does that work with big tires? Also do you have a link to which ones you bought? I may consider this... 4 years ago i was leaving Crosby and on I-10 heading back to beaumont area and both of my 2" straps broke and rhino fell off the trailer, it stayed upright, i pulled over, got out and ran about 1/2 mile and jumped in it started it right up and loaded it up agian of course all of this happend at about 3am.
Man I bet you were hauling ass after that Rhino lol, Ipur chased the tire bonnets at Harbor freight they were 28 bucks a piece and it's a lil more adjusting the bonnets to the terms but they work well, I just drive the 4 onto the very front of the trailer and put the parking break on and put the bonnets on he two back wheels, for the tie down points I also got ½ D rings and drilled thru my trailer floor bolting them down with metal plates underneath for support

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the ATV Tie Down System from the ATV Superstore for my T4 and absolutely love it! took 30-45 minutes to install it. I can load the T4 and be ready to drive down the road in less than one minute (really!) Disclaimer-I am not affiliated with the ATV Superstore in any way shape or form. I have the stock rims and tires on my T4. The manufacturer is supposed to be offering the same setup that will accommodate up to
30" tires. The T4 doesn't move at all on 220 mile round trips to Busco Beach.

ATV tie down system for your Quad or UTV?

·
Burn out vs fade away!
676 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i don't tie mine down in the toy hauler. i set the emergency brake and leave it in gear…

·
Burn out vs fade away!
676 Posts
sconym say it isn't so!

Reactions: sconym

·
Registered
643 Posts
Tie down options...

I drive my front wheels up into the wheel chocks, set the brake then clip the front mounted winch cable into an I-bolt I mounted up close to the hitch then get in the truck and leave. :drive1:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts