Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
The tire bonnets from Harbour Freight work perfect with my 30's. They're cheap at $30 each. I bought a spare just in case but so far they haven't broken or come loose.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I bought the ATV Tie Down System from the ATV Superstore for my T4 and absolutely love it! took 30-45 minutes to install it. I can load the T4 and be ready to drive down the road in less than one minute (really!) Disclaimer-I am not affiliated with the ATV Superstore in any way shape or form. I have the stock rims and tires on my T4. The manufacturer is supposed to be offering the same setup that will accommodate up to
30" tires. The T4 doesn't move at all on 220 mile round trips to Busco Beach.

ATV tie down system for your Quad or UTV?
That looks VERY easy, almost to easy. Interested through for sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would like to eventually get some tire bonnets, but for now I use 2 3" straps, one in front and one in back. Also typically throw the winch hook and snug it up on a D-ring mounted to the trailer floor for an extra piece of mind..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I use 3" straps and I put apiece of old fire hose over the straps where they touch the trailer to keep from cutting them

Stay on the trails or we will lose them

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I always heard not to use the winch (I used to do that all the time) because they were not for shock loads. I use 3" straps now but have baskets and tracks to install, just have to make time to do it. DOH!

·
West Michigan
110 Posts
tie down ??????????????? I thought that is what the parking brake was for :rofl2:

I use 4 2" ratchet straps, one from each coner of the machine to the trailer, has never moved on me.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Jesus....a few of you guys scare the s#it out of me! :scared2::rofl2:

I use a strap per corner. I like my cargo to much to let it go skipping down the highway on its head!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put a 2" strap at each corner. I dont realy wana deal with it going bouncing down the road and hitting someone else. I realy dont want a 2000 lb projectile coming at the back of my head at 60 mph in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I use the Mighty Tight system. It's only good for up to 27" tires. Does work like a charm and is fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2 of the harbor freight bonnet tie downs. 1 on the drivers side front, 1 on pass side rear. Bind er down good n tight, haul ass to where we goin. It hasn't moved a bit, and I pulled it around for at least 1500 miles back and forth to trails, so I reckon that's how we will keep tyin er down. Before I got the bonnets, I tied down through the handles on the c pillar of the cage with 2in strap, and another up front on the bumber, it worked good but would roll ever so slightly back and forth. And the strap in back scratched/scarred the crap out of the back seats, and that sucks, so don't do it like that for sure

21 - 39 of 39 Posts