Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know it's simple and maybe everyone has already done something like this, but I couldnt find any pics or stories how anyone has done it. So far my only complaint on my new Teryx is the poorly positioned gas pedal. After my first long ride my leg was sore for 3 days. So heres what I did to correct it.

I left the original gas pedal in place since my wife and son use it when they drive, since they are alot shorter than me. Not to mention it has a throttle stop built into it and I didnt want to have to redisign this at the same time.

I added a piece of one inch square tubing to the bottom of the pedal and then just welded on a piece of one inch by quarter inch flat stock that extends about a half inch from the center hump.

I took my Teryx out to Pool Ranch last weekend and put another ten hours on it and had no problems with sorness at all. Not to mention I dont have the "bouncing foot" problem anymore when I hit bumps.

Check out the pics and let me know what ya'll think.

Lance

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lance why did you put the 1 inch square tubing there, and just not put the flat stock direct to the pedal? Was it to get more leg room?? Foot position? I guess each guy would need to experiment a little whther the extension should be on top of the pedal or below it etc. But what you did is very similiar to what I visualized doing....going to try it. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I disconnected the throttle cable so the pedal would lay on the stop. Then I spaced my flat stock down as low as possible for the most leg room. It does not hit the floor, it stops about two inches off the floor. Some may like it a little higher, but mine is perfect for me.
The only problem I have had is on two ocations I have hit the original gas pedal when I was going for the brake. I normaly drive with both feet so this isnt a issue to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I am telling you guys, I have the perfect fix, I really believe that it is best so far and that I really think before you spend money on pedal relocators and pedal extensions give me a little time to see what I can get done about a patent. I will probably post some pics next week, And it even looks good and works even better. So simple yet so effective.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I am telling you guys, I have the perfect fix, I really believe that it is best so far and that I really think before you spend money on pedal relocators and pedal extensions give me a little time to see what I can get done about a patent. I will probably post some pics next week, And it even looks good and works even better. So simple yet so effective.
Patents are tough to get on a product for a mass produced vehicle. I think Kawasaki would have a letter sent to you with about 20 lawyers names on it with the end result being no patent.

·
Marcus
96 Posts
yeah, you are probably right and That is why I am going to take pics tomorrow and get them out there to help our fellow utvers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Drove some more this morning on ours (just got yesterday evening!), and it seems that relocating the pedal will help, but a more complete fix would be some sort of cam on the throttle cable that takes some sensitivity out in the initial 30% or so. Hope someone does something... it's really the only complaint we have when riding the kids slowly or something. Balls to the wall, it doesn't bother me much.

If I've got the material around here, I'm going to weld on the extention later today to try.

·
Marcus
96 Posts
Okay this is for everyone , long legged , short legged, This is so simple and everyone can make one. Just try it you will love it, it is so comfortable and stable when riding in rough terrain.
It is just a piece of angle iron and some strap metal with self tapping screw bolts that just bolt to the plastic and it holds up well.
Okay, I would set on the floor after done fabricating and then get a good feel the the best location for your foot.
THIS WORKS LIKE AND CHAMP AND NO SILLY PEDAL MODIFICATION IS NEEDED , NOT EVEN FOR YOU LONG LEGGED FELLOWS.

I now have new and improved version that I am selling for 50.00 which will include shipping.
I am getting new pics and will
PM If you want one.
It will make your Teryx Experience SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

·
Marcus
96 Posts
Go to the How To Section and see my thread" Surging gas pedal solution"
I fixed the pics they are working now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts