Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many miles people are putting on their Teryx and what would you consider high mileage?
I've got a 2020 with 5300 miles and 230 hours. Bought new in June 2020.
I ride a lot, hundreds of miles of desert right from the house no trailer required.

· Premium Member
2017 Teryx4
543 Posts
My 2017 T4 has about 7800 miles on it. I'm not sure what "high mileage" would be. It's in darn good shape. This is my first sxs. I was hoping to get to 15k and then decide if I want to upgrade or keep riding.

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
Just wondering how many miles people are putting on their Teryx and what would you consider high mileage?
I ride a lot, hundreds of miles of desert right from the house no trailer required.
I am quite jealous of you guys that get to stack that many miles on a machine... I have a 2019 that I bought new in March 2020 and it now has around 950 miles on it. I can't ride it without trailering a minimum of 2 hours (outside of my small hunting farm that is 15 minutes away). So basically it only gets ridden for plowing snow and on vacations. I usually take a trip or two down to TN or WV every year with a group of buddies but I couldn't even make that last year (or this year) because of work. I am hoping to make the T4 street legal once it's paid off so I can at least cruise the dirt roads a little and warm the oil up every so often, lol.

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
939 Posts
I'm jealous too. I have to haul mine to go riding, typically 4hrs one way to get to the good places. I bought mine new in the spring of 2020 and have put maybe 3500km(2100miles) on it. I had about the same mileage on my 08 rzr when I sold it but it was a worn out pos in comparison.

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
I'm jealous too. I have to haul mine to go riding, typically 4hrs one way to get to the good places. I bought mine new in the spring of 2020 and have put maybe 3500km(2100miles) on it. I had about the same mileage on my 08 rzr when I sold it but it was a worn out pos in comparison.
2100 miles, you're doing a lot better than me! I am still a hair under 1000 miles and almost 500 of those were on one hunting trip this past Fall, lol.

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
939 Posts
Think quality, not quantity.
This is true, half of my last trip was spent towing a 1 wheel drive commander out of the mountains. I consider that quality time. The campfire bragging rights for the next handful of years were well worth taking years worth of life off my machine in the process.....:ROFLMAO:

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
This is true, half of my last trip was spent towing a 1 wheel drive commander out of the mountains. I consider that quality time. The campfire bragging rights for the next handful of years were well worth taking years worth of life off my machine in the process.....:ROFLMAO:
haha... on my very first trip after the break-in on my machine I had to tow a busted commander about 5 miles out of the mountains in TN. To be fair to the commander though, it had been ridden like it was stolen for 3 days so I'm not surprised that it decided to give up... you could almost see the damn thing breath a sigh of relief when it broke :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
32 Posts
My 2020 has a little over 1000 miles on it. Bought it new in Oct 20. I also have to trailer mine to ride. It's about 3 hours to where we ride in East Texas, 5 hours to Wolfpen Gap in Mena, AR and 13 hours to our riding grounds in CO. I'd love to be able to step out the door and ride every day.

· Registered
32 Posts
haha... on my very first trip after the break-in on my machine I had to tow a busted commander about 5 miles out of the mountains in TN. To be fair to the commander though, it had been ridden like it was stolen for 3 days so I'm not surprised that it decided to give up... you could almost see the damn thing breath a sigh of relief when it broke :ROFLMAO:
I took mine to a local riding area to break it in and wound up winching a Ford Raptor out of the mud. It took my winch and my buddy's winch on his RZR to get him out. We tried to winch his buddy in his F-250 out, but he was stuck hard. The Raptor finally had to come around the bypass and pull him out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts