Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Teryx about a week ago I got 14 SS108's and 27-12-14 mudlites on all four corners. The rear clears just fine but the front is about 1/8 of an inch from the tierod end so I put 1-1/2" spacers on it and now I think it might be to wide to go down most of the trails where I ride. Well the question is would it be very safe to put a couple of washers on the studs to get just a little more clearance and how much clearance would I need to be safe. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had the same problem with the wheels with mudlites. i put some washers on it but doing that you need to make sure you still have a good bit of studs left. mine seems to be doing fine though...it took about 5 a stud.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If you are going to do that I'd loctite them too. I don't normally put loctite on the threads, but you are losing your some of your safety margin.
Is it the inside lug that is rubbing? If so, I would shave an 1/8th of an inch off the inside of the lug and not put the washers in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice I will try it this weekend with the spacers and see how well it does and go from there. I sure do like the way it looks with the spacers but not sure if I would give up functionality for looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts