Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a Teryx soon......if my rhino is gone.

I am wondering what the cost is of these big bore kits and supporting mods and where to go for the best deals?? I have a rotax 800 in a rhino.....and I need soemthing compareable to that powerwise!!

So heres the things I am thinking of.....

VDI or dynatek? price and which is better and for what reasons?

800 big bore or 840 kit? cost? whats included? what else is needed to complete the whole thing as far as supporting mods??

Muzzy or HMF or other exhaust? price and which is better? best place to buy?

I am just trying to see how much its going to cost to get this all done.....or I may consider doing another rotax swap.

frank

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
You dont need the rotax swap the TERYX come with a twin in it
already guys are getting good power with cdi, exhaust and carb
work if you do a big bore kit it will turn it into a real monster!!!!!

VDI $400.00
Muzzy $900.00
FST $1000.00-$2000.00

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a standard bore kit i bought from fundy performance for about 1100 (pistons, cams, springs, gaskets). and its enough to beat any rzr or rhino I have raced at the dunes or on the trails. I have not been in or seen a rotax rhino so im not sure how it compares.

If you go 800 or 840 its going to cost you probably between 1400-1600 for the kit with cylinder exchange.

I think Dynatek is the best for the money for a cdi. You can pick up the non programable for around 200

I believe the best exhaust is the muzzys kit which is a little pricey at 899.

You might have to spend a little on clutching.

These kawie motors have a ton of potential. With just my standard bore kit it made my rzr feel boring and weak.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lawnmowerman......if I did another rotax swap it would be in the rhino again....not in the Teryx!

Sidester......I drove a RZR recently, and my rhino makes it feel like a slug!

I did talk to Ray at Fundy and he told me $1140 for the standard bore OR 800 kit. The 800 kit requires bored/plated cyliniders which is an extra $550. Then if you want the race 800, its all about more cylinder head porting and such, and that was more than I think I need right now!!

Ray said they are getting around 45hp from a stock teryx at the crank. The standard bore kit with race cams should yield around 100hp! Thats plenty for me!!

He did also reccomend the Muzzy exhaust, the Dynatek CDI, dynojey needles and stock jets with a K&N filter and modded airbox, and finally a dalton clutch kit.

So it sounds like around $2000-$2500 will get you one hauling ass Teryx!! I am waiting to see whats going to happen with my rhino before I get moving on anything. I will also be checking into FST to see what they have to offer....

If I end up keeping my rhino, Ray said they have a kit almost complete for the Rotax engines. He says they are going to be mean.....much meaner than the Kawi engines. Apparently the only reason they havent released it is because they have been waiting for some sort of programmer to come out!

Either way, I will have a fun ride!!

frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Horsepower and more

Hi everyone, I ordered an 820 kit from Ray at FPS .It should be done soon . I'll keep you posted as soon as I test it !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got my stuff from dragonfire racing and they said the other day they have big bore kits in stock. I got a CDI, Intake, Slip On exhaust, Jet Kit, and clutch kit for roughly 1400 and worth every penny. makes it run awsome.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Keep us updated on how it runs. Take pics of the install.

Hi everyone, I ordered an 820 kit from Ray at FPS .It should be done soon . I'll keep you posted as soon as I test it !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
FPS 820 kit finally in !

Hi everyone , finally got a chance to test the new motor . It pulls like a freight train !!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Post some pics and some #'s man!! Great job

·
Registered
8 Posts
Post some pics and some #'s man!! Great job
Hey guys , have'nt been able to post pics/ does'nt work... It's a FPS 820 kit with trail cams, valve spring kit, home made exhaust, dyna cdi, k&n style filter with 2 tpi valves in stock airbox, dalton clutch kit turning 28" swamplites. Won't hook up in 2wd... Absolutely sounds amazing on the gas!!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hey guys , have'nt been able to post pics/ does'nt work... It's a FPS 820 kit with trail cams, valve spring kit, home made exhaust, dyna cdi, k&n style filter with 2 tpi valves in stock airbox, dalton clutch kit turning 28" swamplites. Won't hook up in 2wd... Absolutely sounds amazing on the gas!!
Thanks Bumwad, glad you like it.
I told you you would only be able to drive in 4x4, LOL
On pavement, you can get it under control in 75-100ft, but dirt is 4x4 all the time, LOL
PS guys,Bum built his own exhaust and sent it down for us to dyno with, power was good and the sound was insain, we even dynoed without the muffler, people heard it from 20miles away, LOL
Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts