Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m tired of having cars riding on my bumper at 50 mph, so I’m going to have Alba flash my ecm. I’m having trouble finding videos on how to remove it, and hoping some of y’all know of some info on the subject. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
890 Posts
The newest Teryx I wrenched on was a 2019 before my retirement in 2018, so I'm making the assumption the access to the ECM hasn't changed since then. Access is from the top after removing the dash cover and loosening the dash. 1/4' ratchet and small hands (which I don't have) would help. The two fasteners are 8 or 10mm? It is easier to remove than reinstall!

Mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
Remove front hood. Windshield if you have one.
I then removed the front dash cover basal around the LCD digital speedometer screen
I removed all the screws holding the entire front dash
Then I bought a very small ratchet set at Walmart to fit behind the dash to get to the 2 10mm bolts holding in the ECU

To reinstall, I used a very long nosed screw driver to hold the bottom 10 mm bolt into place and then placed the ratchet on the bolt, then wrenched the $h!t out of it as quickly as I could to keep it from moving out of the hole! It worked thankfully because before that I couldn't get the bottom bolt back in. Its a pain in the @$$ to get the ECU in.

Once you get it back from ALBA, you'll realize its worth the headache! Love mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts