Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can get the STD unit but should I wait for an LE????

·
Registered
314 Posts
what is important to you? do you want the dump bed? a roof and the windshield? Digital Dash...I have a standard and I wish I had the digital dash with speed and fuel guage, but there will be an aftermarket one here someday, I just wish it was here NOW!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got the standard.I plan on getting the dump bed kit and the digital guage when they become availible.I did not care for the windshield or the plastic roof.I am going to go with a aluminum roof.I don't think the plastic roof will hold up to limbs and it sticks up pretty high.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The LE does not have a fuel gauge unfortunately. What do you plan on doing with the machine?

If you are going to put a 4 seat cage, the dump bed and roof are worthless.

Wait until the digital dash is available in a few months and buy it...$219.00 versus $1000 more for an LE.

Save your money.

·
R Rees
13 Posts
what is important to you? do you want the dump bed? a roof and the windshield? Digital Dash...I have a standard and I wish I had the digital dash with speed and fuel guage, but there will be an aftermarket one here someday, I just wish it was here NOW!
I have the LE but the digital dash does not have a fuel gauge unless the one under the passenger seat is what your referring to. Maybe I'm missing something on mine.

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Dump Bed would be nice, but not essential, the roof easy enough to make out of aluminum for cheap, now the digital dash.

Does the unit have a speedo even if you don't get the digital dash?

I also read somewhere the seats aren't moveable is that true?

THanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
the speedo is in the digi dash so the base models dont have a speedo,and yes the seats will come out

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you buy the LED display for your standard it is plug and play. All sending units are in place, you just need to purchase the display.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would go with the LE,just a better buy IMO..

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"Seats will come out" does that mean move fore and aft, I 6ft the wife is around 5ft 5in, the seats do move front to back don't they, cause one of the reviews said no.

Oh I agree the LE is a better buy but the dealers I have talked to have said there supply of LE's has been cut and they may not have any till July.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As far as being a better buy, it really depends what you are going to do with it. Why pay $1000 more for a machine if you are going to remove the roof, have a four seat cage that will make the dump bed inoperatable, have retractable cup holders, and a LED gauge package?

If you are going to use those items, then yes, get the LE...however, if you are like me and doing a 4 seat cage, save the $800 and just put the LE gauges in the standard Teryx. Just my $.02

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats a great selling point.. :bigpop:

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Seats will come out" does that mean move fore
Oh I agree the LE is a better buy but the dealers I have talked to have said there supply of LE's has been cut and they may not have any till July.
My dealer said middle of March but he is only getting one. Mine. If it doesn't come by the end of the month, screw it, I'll buy an Outlander. :doubt:

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
I just put down a deposit on a Camo LE which was suppose to be delivered in January. Suppose to be in transit to store now. Dealer is in Altus, OK and said their stock comes through Dallas. I can't wait.
Oh yeah if anyone wants to buy a 05 KFX 700 Lava Red LE with all the bolt ons shoot me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
The seats move forward and back on a std.

The LE's are the better deal if paying msrp, or if you get a deal on a LE. The LE's will be in higher demand, therefore you can probably get a better price on a std. Everything the LE has (that I know of, except maybe the see through gas gauge) can be added to the std.

Some of the people here got great deals on their LE's, but I don't think I could get that good of a deal here. My closest dealer just got one Teryx in. It is a Red std. selling $600 under msrp.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I got my camo LE for 10,200 OTD...

·
Registered
314 Posts
does the dash have a fuel guage????
I thought it did? What does the dash do? Just speed????

I can't believe you got your LE for 10,200 you are lucky I paid 10,293 OTD. for a standard. Whatever. I thought I was getting a good deal at the time... Ahhhh!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Shows speed and odometer...that all, no fuel. I spoke to them about it, for the most part they explained that they wanted to get the Teryx to the market. Next year I bet we see a fuel gauge and EFI.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts