Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have spent long enough on the various forums doing a lot of reading. However, I never got too into posting but I figure why not start now. I started out with a totally stock 2016 Teryx4, put 500 miles on it and sold it. Shortly after I began missing it, so my search was on. I tracked down a steal on a 2012 Teryx4 with 600 miles on it and a HCR long travel kit. This has been a dream come true. I’ve sense upgraded the wheels and tires, added a few small accessories and am getting ready to chop my cage so I can get it into my enclosed trailer. I’ll post some more pics of updates as things progress. Looking forward to interacting a bit more than just reading.

Attachments

· >>Like A Boss<<
77 Posts
Very nice!

What size lightbar is that? I’m wanting to put one in that spot on mine, that one looks good. What type of mounting brackets is it using? And I guess you have to mount it kind of forward so the hood will open all the way?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll measure it today and let you know. It looks like just a bracket that screws straps down into the bumper. It works great. Yeah you can only open the hood partway without taking it off. Although that’s only like a 2 min job.

Very nice!

What size lightbar is that? I’m wanting to put one in that spot on mine, that one looks good. What type of mounting brackets is it using? And I guess you have to mount it kind of forward so the hood will open all the way?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the cage chop was successful. I took about 4.5 inches out of the C pillar. None out of A and I matched B. It lended some challenges with the bed lift but we worked around it. The goal of getting it in my enclosed was successful. With only one trip to Urgent Care, (razor blades are sharp). 7 a foot wide trailet is a tight fit. Next steps are installing my rugged radio system and continuing my enclosed trailer camping system. 😬

Attachments

· Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
1,017 Posts
A T4 with HCR long travel is a damn fine looking , capable machine! Your cage chop makes it look even better. I'm in the same situation as you were pre-chop, my Teryx won't fit in my enclosed trailer, but my problem is width.

· Premium Member
325 Posts
I would like to know more about cage chop also, I would love to do this, what challenges did u run into. Still got enough head room in back seat? Where were cuts made, I got one in barn with 1 mile on it, I'll chop on it:)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The A pillar didn’t have to be bent at all. Just pivoted down. My c pillar doesn’t have the exact same angle as the lower section of the tube. It is “reclined” a bit more. If I chopped the a pillar a bit it would bring that back in line. I was okay with the small difference in angle. I just followed the many posts about cage chops. If I didn’t have a bed lift it would have been done in 2-3 hours.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love my long travel. I do primarily rock crawling and it outshines my buddy’s RZR 1000. Although his is wayyyy more fun in washes etc. My trailer is 80” wide on the interior, ive got 3” on each side of my tires. Talk about tight.

A T4 with HCR long travel is a damn fine looking , capable machine! Your cage chop makes it look even better. I'm in the same situation as you were pre-chop, my Teryx won't fit in my enclosed trailer, but my problem is width.

· Premium Member
478 Posts
LOL looks like I replied to your PM a little too late! Cage chop looks good, and I like the new wheels and tires. I was never a fan of the wheels my Dad picked. Glad to see you're enjoying it....my Dad never used that thing anywhere near it's potential.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Very nice! it is looking good

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL looks like I replied to your PM a little too late! Cage chop looks good, and I like the new wheels and tires. I was never a fan of the wheels my Dad picked. Glad to see you're enjoying it....my Dad never used that thing anywhere near it's potential.
Yeah you were just a day or so late. I got antsy and just went for it. I feel like the wheels and tires made a big difference. They changed the stance a lot as well, see the picture. We are planning a trip to Moab in May as well as a couple others. Sounds like it’s getting a lot more use than before. You build a good machine. I remember looking at yours and drooling when I first got a teryx. Crazy small world.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts