Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
While my next project on the Teryx is my Rugged Radio install, I am currently working on an enclosed trailer build as well. This will become a in between tent and toy hauler. Nicer than a tent but not all the amenities of a full camper. I’ve pulled down walls and insulated, added wiring (110 and 12v), and mounted my batteries. This weekend will bring hooking up wiring, installing a charge controller, and a external shore power outlet.

Attachments

· Premium Member
478 Posts
Yeah you were just a day or so late. I got antsy and just went for it. I feel like the wheels and tires made a big difference. They changed the stance a lot as well, see the picture. We are planning a trip to Moab in May as well as a couple others. Sounds like it’s getting a lot more use than before. You build a good machine. I remember looking at yours and drooling when I first got a teryx. Crazy small world.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!:beer3:

My brother and myself are planning on going to Moab in May as well. What dates are you going to be there?

· Premium Member
478 Posts
The plan is May 9-12. I’ll be the only Side by Side in the group. All my brothers run lifted first gen Toyotas.
Looks like we'll miss you only by a couple days. We are planning on being there that next Wednesday through Sunday.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Made some good progress on the trailer this last week, not as much on the teryx I got my batteries installed and hooked up so I have independent power now. I also wired in my LED lights. Next week will bring my charge controller and the exterior outlet for shore power/generator. Overall I’m super excited to get out and use it with the teryx. Trying to figure out what should be my next steps on the teryx.

Attachments

· Registered
81 Posts
Other than he wheels fitting tight in the trailer due to the long travel kit, how is it getting in and out of the rig when its in the trailer? I am ordering a 7' wide trailer myself. Thanks :)

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
956 Posts
I measured my toy hauler the other day. (I'm gonna try to see if I can fit my crapbox car in it!) It's got flip down benches on the sides where I climb out. There's 80" between them. It's snug getting out but doable. I have to center my machine in the trailer beause the overhead cabinets on the side walls poke in close to the cage. Strapping down the front is a pita, e-track and tire straps would be nice.
If you can't get out of your machine inside the trailer you could always try mounting a winch point and rig up a wireless winch setup. And a way to lock the steering wheel straight.

· Registered
81 Posts
I measured my toy hauler the other day. (I'm gonna try to see if I can fit my crapbox car in it!) It's got flip down benches on the sides where I climb out. There's 80" between them. It's snug getting out but doable. I have to center my machine in the trailer beause the overhead cabinets on the side walls poke in close to the cage. Strapping down the front is a pita, e-track and tire straps would be nice.
If you can't get out of your machine inside the trailer you could always try mounting a winch point and rig up a wireless winch setup. And a way to lock the steering wheel straight.
Ok thanks Andy, so worse Cass scenario would be to get out and winch er in. Was going to get an 8 1/2 wide but was out of my spending budget. Thanks for the help 🙂

21 - 31 of 31 Posts