Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the skid plate removed since I re installed the stock exhaust due to the db's of the full duals. (Which is for sale with less than 8 hours of riding) I was asked by law enforcement :cop2: to help locate a lost hunter with health problems, that was later found alive and well. :icon_thumleft: I ended up getting a few larger branches caught in the undercarriage. One set of 2 wires that lead to a sensor of some kind broke. I didn't notice with the low speeds I was going. It mounts with one bolt, to the rear of the engine. When I removed it oil came pouring out. :cus: It is in front of the rear frame rail where the brake line runs acrossed it before going up towards the front/ mast cyl.. The sensor is L shaped and basically won't allow me to accelerate quickly or go more than 7 mph :sparkplug1: and it shut down my instrument panel. I've called a few dealers and no one can tell me what sensor it is. If you know please let me know. Thank you sincerely. I'll try and post a photo soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sincerely for the info. Would you happen to know how it functions? It's a bit baffling how it would sense speed. The wires plug into the sensor, attaches to nothing, just partially submerged into oill, to what I thought a crankcase. I ordered the sensor, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Thank you sincerely for the info. Would you happen to know how it functions? It's a bit baffling how it would sense speed. The wires plug into the sensor, attaches to nothing, just partially submerged into oill, to what I thought a crankcase. I ordered the sensor, thanks again.
Attaches to nothing?

I would have to dig a little bit deeper into it but I would say it has a iron core in it and a spot on the gear or whatever is under it that like a magnet attracts the iron core to one side then as it passes it lets go and sends a pulse of electricity back to the ECU and it counts these pulses to decide how fast you are going.

That is just a guess but probably pretty close to being right. Pretty much like the crank position sensor which does work like that.

I never needed to know how it worked just that it did or did not work. LOL

Hope that helped.

Todd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch Todd-:dankk2:
I just saw oil pouring all over when I removed it:scared2:. I'm very thankful for the helpful explanation. It's nice to know how it works in case I ever need to trouble shoot any gremlins that may try moving in. Thanks again- YOU ROCK!:icon_rockwoot:

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Thanks a bunch Todd-:dankk2:
I just saw oil pouring all over when I removed it:scared2:. I'm very thankful for the helpful explanation. It's nice to know how it works in case I ever need to trouble shoot any gremlins that may try moving in. Thanks again- YOU ROCK!:icon_rockwoot:
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.