Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put speakers in my 2015 Teryx 4. I want the sound to be loud enough to hear it when used in parades. I'm clueless when it comes to what size speakers to use and if I need an amplifier or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like it to be around $200-$300, but I'm hoping to stay under the $400 mark.

·
Registered
460 Posts
you need to chat with greg from SSV works. but you will need to spend alittle more. 300 watt amp. 6.25 speakers with pods. and ipod connection. and sub will add more cost. I had the all in one system with 4 speakers and Bluetooth for 649.00 worth every penny. you staying with stock cage???

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the SSV system and it sounds great and is plenty loud even at highway speeds. My only complaint is the FM radio sucks.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I also have an ssv system. Got the amp, 2 speaker, ipod wireless controller setup! When flying through the desert I can still hear it fine. it's loud, easy to setup and comes with everything. I highly recommend them. You will have to spend more than $300 bucks though. It's worth it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Earphones. Stereo system was a big waste of money for me when I had one in my Rhino. Cranked and at a good rate of speed everyone within a 100 foot radius could hear it better than me, even at slow speeds it was not worth it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
You might also have a look at the froghead industries overhead box. Although I would not recommend it if you are planning on chopping the cage. Which is exactly why I'm building my own box now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You could have a decent setup for 300-400 maybe even cheaper. i don't know where your located but if you have a fry's electronics near you do what I did I picked up a 500 watt amp and two 6x9's pioneer speaker and got a cord that has RCA plugs on one end and a plug for iPhone or iPod on the other and plugged it into the amp and ran it like that sounded really good and I spent less than 300 cuz I already had a iPod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
You can easily get 4 wake tower speakers and a small bluetooth amp within your price range. Then use your phone to play the music.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I ended up purchasing a Pyle 4 speaker system with amp and remote controller w/ Bluetooth. I got it on walmart.com for 215.00 I figured if it was junk I would just return it but several reviews were good on it. They are wakeboard style speakers btw. I hooked them up and couldn't be more pleased. At 100% sound level you can hear them clearly at about 1/4 mile away. Close up its super loud and only has small distortion in it if you have it at 100% sound level, click it down two clicks on my iPhone and it's crystal clear. I would highly recommend these so far, although be prepared to by about 40.00 in wire, fittings and a switch. You will also need to have at least two hours to install more if your unsure what your doing. I mounted my amp in the glovebox, even though it's waterproof (speakers are also) wired in a HOA switch to kill power to the speakers, and mounted the controller right in the center of the dash down low above the cup-holders.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Pics or it never happened! Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
^^^what he said^^^. links too please, I've been following this thread as I am also looking for a low cost alternative sound system.

thanks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Look at sharkmotorcycleaudio.com they have lots of systems, waterproof and inexpensive up to 1200 watts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went with some wakeboard speakers.. I have (2) 6.5 in back and a 6x9 for the front riders.. its mounted on the bar... The radio in the dash is bluetooth so I can leave my phone in drybox... I need to show a picture of the 6x9... This set up wasn't to bad on the wallet...

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry been off for awhile. I tried posting pictures from my phone, but not having any luck. I will try to get them posted with my computer soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts