Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 teryx4 LE stock. I do mainly trail riding so top end speed doesn’t matter but I would like the 50 mph limiter gone. I want to be able to gun it and slide my ass end around a tree when I need to. What’s a good slip on muffler that’s not loud. We do some night riding so it doesn’t need to sound like a Harley blazing the trails.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
64 Posts
An exhaust might change your power curve slightly, but it won't affect the limit. Getting rid of the 50mph limiter is quite an involved/expensive process from what I understand. There is a speed limiter and a rev limiter that need to be addressed. There are multiple threads on here about it, here is one: 2018 Teryx rev limiter override

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look up Vforce John for the modular tuner or look up benchmark performance for a complete ecu tune..benchmark does great work from my understanding, however the only down side is that you actualy have to remove your ecu and mail it to them with your information. Each has their ups and downs, vforce john is more plug and play and benchmark does away with the use of a stand alone plug and play tuner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read the link that huntertim214 posted. And some said the Vforce John module would sometimes short out if you got it wet or they might have been talking about another plug and play.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dgraviet you are correct about the plug n plays shorting out. I've had both because of the PC shorting out so I went with the reflash with ALBA after I put on a full trinity exhaust system.
I had to go with Alba because of a plug issue on wiring harness and never regreted it now as it will try to get out of it's own way anytime I get on the gas. There is a u tube video by JBS called Keeter's rebuild you want to see it perform on 30's only other mods are JBS clutch, 30 over clean up bore due to dirt getting in air system, alba reflash.after 2 PCV.

Reactions: Camo1

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read the link that huntertim214 posted. And some said the Vforce John module would sometimes short out if you got it wet or they might have been talking about another plug and play.
yes that is an issue with most plug and play systems unfort.

·
Registered
953 Posts
As mentioned above a plug in tuner (i.e. Power Commander) or a ECM reflash by Benchmark Performance or Alba Racing will remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limiter. Both are about the same price in the $350 range. Personally I would go with the reflash of the factory ECM. However neither of those options truly provide much, if any, additional horsepower.

For what the OP is asking for the best bet would be a clutch kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dgraviet you are correct about the plug n plays shorting out. I've had both because of the PC shorting out so I went with the reflash with ALBA after I put on a full trinity exhaust system.
I had to go with Alba because of a plug issue on wiring harness and never regreted it now as it will try to get out of it's own way anytime I get on the gas. There is a u tube video by JBS called Keeter's rebuild you want to see it perform on 30's only other mods are JBS clutch, 30 over clean up bore due to dirt getting in air system, alba reflash.after 2 PCV.
I will check out your rebuild video! I had Trinity Exhaust System on my Z400 loved it, but it was pretty loud. How long was the turn around on the Alba ECU?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As mentioned above a plug in tuner (i.e. Power Commander) or a ECM reflash by Benchmark Performance or Alba Racing will remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limiter. Both are about the same price in the $350 range. Personally I would go with the reflash of the factory ECM. However neither of those options truly provide much, if any, additional horsepower.

For what the OP is asking for the best bet would be a clutch kit.
Is Vforce John the only clutch kit out there?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I will check out your rebuild video! I had Trinity Exhaust System on my Z400 loved it, but it was pretty loud. How long was the turn around on the Alba ECU?
About 2 weeks but they were changing tune for my mods and the mid range hesitation and then it was awesome. Video was JBS Keeters motor rebuild

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is Vforce John the only clutch kit out there?
no i have JBS clutch helps bottom and top end. JBS machines sheaves and trims weight for size tires you run and for type riding you plan on doing. Hunterworks also has kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm needing 2" wheel spacers for stock rims. I have looked at multiple websites and SuperATV is the only one that says for stock rims. But they are sold out and no ETA on when they will get any back in stock. Any other options I'm not finding. I know stock rims use a center ring to keep wheel centered and use flat lug nuts. And the wheel spacers I've been finding use beveled lug nut to center.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts