Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
37 Posts
Teryx

You have to be careful with the term "full coverage" on any vehicle but especially an ATV. "Full Coverage" can mean the minimum state coverage that will provide with very little liability coverage and will leave your assets in jeopardy in the event of a negligent lawsuit verdict against you or you can carry sufficient coverage tp protect your assets. "Fulll Coverage" usually also offers proetection for your ATV but the cost is dependent on the deductibles you select.

The time to knowingly select the appropriate coverage is when you purchase the policy not after you have a problem and find out that your coverage has left you in harms way.

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
i got mine thru geico 310 a year got 25/50 for all my bodily,uninsured, and underinsured, my property is 20k i just got mine in the mail today i think its like 27 bucks a month it works out to. I went high on the coverages cuz i will take mine out to do anything and i know when i finish the teryx im gna decent money into it and want it covered in case of anything.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
i got mine thru geico 310 a year got 25/50 for all my bodily,uninsured, and underinsured, my property is 20k i just got mine in the mail today i think its like 27 bucks a month it works out to. I went high on the coverages cuz i will take mine out to do anything and i know when i finish the teryx im gna decent money into it and want it covered in case of anything.
Just curious what your deductible is and i would imagine that would cover theft? I called my insurance agent today (USAA) and found out they out source the ATV stuff to progressive. Does anyone have any experience with their ATV/UTV coverage? I have been with USAA for 18 years so i have never had any experience with any other companies.

·
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
37 Posts
INSURANCE

wHAT STATE DO YOU LIVE IN?

just curious what your deductible is and i would imagine that would cover theft? I called my insurance agent today (usaa) and found out they out source the atv stuff to progressive. Does anyone have any experience with their atv/utv coverage? I have been with usaa for 18 years so i have never had any experience with any other companies.
what state do you live in?

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
Im in az my deductible is 500 and the theft coverage is 20k my zip code saved me a bunch cuz i was gna put it where my shop is and it jumped almost 300 a year cuz theft is so bad in glendale,i think i got a good deal she has been a customer of mine for long time.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I am in Phoenix Arizona

·
Registered
31 Posts
I work in the claims department at an insurance company. I am in Virginia and work for a company that only does business in Virginia. We allow our policy holders to add them to their existing auto policy, which would mean you would have the same liability limits as your other vehicles. Comp and Collision cover the Teryx itself. The higher the deductible the lower the premium. Be sure you have liability insurance as it is cheap and gives alot of protection in the case you are in an accident. Belive me we see it all and there are a lot of ATV accidents out there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
180 a year full coverage and for street use. I have state farm

·
Registered
267 Posts
$$$87.00$$$ Yr. Full Coverage...500.00 Ded. collision and 100/300/25 Liab.

Geico....the lizard is awesome...got my Harley with them also...97.00 a yr. full cov.

·
Registered
340 Posts
you guys with geico better check, i called them two days ago and they said they do not allow you to add any aftermarket gear to the policy. meaning if the thing gets ripped off or totaled, they only pay you for current market value of a stock machine. i went with progressive, they allow you to put in a monetary value for your aftermarket stuff. 30 bucks a month for me after stateing 5k in upgrades.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
you guys with geico better check, i called them two days ago and they said they do not allow you to add any aftermarket gear to the policy. meaning if the thing gets ripped off or totaled, they only pay you for current market value of a stock machine. i went with progressive, they allow you to put in a monetary value for your aftermarket stuff. 30 bucks a month for me after stateing 5k in upgrades.....
You are correct Gantt, They out right said that about accs....but for now I"m running all stock...maybe not in 12 mo.? Boy I sure hope not!!

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
my policy let me do as i wanted as far as add ons i have to show for what is on it reciepts and such but thats why i put my value at 20k for my teryx to cover it i put it high so i can make out on it, but i will be changing it soon enough gettin ready to start phase 2 of my build

·
Registered
360 Posts
OK. Just got my insurance from Progressive. $123 a year with $250 deductable. That covers $25,000/$50,000 Liability. Full Comprehensive(fire and Theft). Full replacement price, less $250...$3,000 additional covered for add-ons (winch, etc.) Save bills or take pictures..... Deductable gets decreased 25% each year with no claims. So after 4 years...no deductable. Thats in Pennsylvania zip code 18435

1 - 15 of 15 Posts