Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Leaving my Jeep behind...
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am finally retired and getting ready to purchase a Teryx. I prefer scenic trails such as the Alpine Loop in SW Colorado.

I would also like to ride trails in Minnesota and Arkansas, but I have heard that many are restricted to vehicle widths of 50 inches.

Have you found this to be a limiting factor when searching for places to ride?

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
650 Posts
50" trails...

Yes, they can be a problem because they are pretty much designated for 4 wheelers and side by sides are either restricted or you can try it but you'll find out real quick that your buggy just won't fit through the obstacles. Most places that have these designated types of trails have enough trails for side by sides as well though. :drive1:

·
Registered
90 Posts
the Croatan National Forest here in my area has trails but also has that rule so it keeps me out - screwed up part is that is closest place to me

still wouldn't go back to a 4wheeler

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not as big of an issue in Arkansas. We ride with a whole group of side by sides. Some trails you just rub a little more than others.

·
Leaving my Jeep behind...
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the insights... I would really not want to have to buy a Polaris or Arctic Cat because of possible reliability issues... and their warranty does not inspire confidence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts