Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Is there a back up light wire pre installed

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  djnotloc 
#1 ·
Hi , just wondering if there is a wire in the back for reverse.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Very easy to do yourself. The pins themselves were a pain to track down but I eventually found them at

If I did it again I'd probably just order through Brute Performance, but I wanted to do it myself. Cost is about the same after shipping. There's an older thread here I used as a reference but I'm planning on making my own soon as well.

#4 ·
I've been tearing apart connectors I have laying around for weeks now trying to find the proper one for that tail light/reverse light connector. Tried ones from everything from hid lights to 02 sensors. I think I finally found some that might work I cut off a power window motor harness from a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. For some reason it has the rubber seals on the wires too. I'll try them out tonight. If this doesn't work I'll buy the ones from Brute Performance. It's way faster and easier.
And for those that don't know, the reverse wire switches the ground not the power. So you can't run a reverse light and ground it to the frame or battery. The power wire seems to be powered with the key?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.