Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I got a 2010 Teryx bought brand-new and luckly never had a problem with it until now come out of the garage and there is a puddle of oil underneath it and it's leaking between the cases The dealer told me that I'm SOL and Kawasaki has no recalls for this and yet he told me this is the first time he's hearing about any oil leaks for the teryx. I started laughing. Does any stop leak additives work on this or do I have to pull the motor out and split the cases. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty disgusted with these machines being that they don't hold their value at all. I don't want to put any more money into this that I have to I thought about an 840 K but when it's time to sell it I know I won't get nothing for it or should I just go ahead and parted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Are you sure it is the case? All the pics look like you cleaned it. Could it be oil coming out of seal and running down?

If case then you are SOL and it is rare and then to do properly the case will have to be split.

We do offer ship in and ship out engine repair. No matter who does it there are a couple things I would do to it while it was apart

I would put aftermarket valves and springs, hone cyl and new rings, new rod bearings and depending on how many miles new cam and oil pump chains then of course any gaskets and seals.

This way it will be basically new again and you won't have to worry about your valves wearing away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts