Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My name says it all!!!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, First off I am new to this forum, but have been on many others including Snowest, Wakeworld, Dieselstop, Ect. (the best there is in those particular genre)

And I must say I have never seen this many posts, Threads, and Topics with different vendors hocking their crap. There are more posts from vendors than actual customers/members.

It is great to answer a question, and provide solutions, but this is unreal. Any products that any vendor comes up with is posted in a new thread, and the other vendors bash it, or counter with their own crap.

Why are you here?
1. You are here to market your product?
a. There is a classified section!
b. Are you paying this site operator a fee?
c. Offer it up, and then answer questions...don't hijack!
2. Member looking for info?
a. Do you like all of this product hocking?
b. Are you getting what you need?
c. Is this like other forums you are a member of?
d. Are you getting answers or sales pitches?
3. Why I am here: (not that anyone will care)
a. People with like interests
b. I have a new Teryx, and want to see what people are doing to make them better (ie kick Rhino a$$)
c. Hear stories on trips/jumps/wrecks/ect.
d. see what vendors are bringing to market.

Thanks for your time, and i may be the only one who thinks this, and if that is the case it is because every other member is a Vendor.

Just so everyone knows. I am a salesman/product manager, and have been for 10 years in the High tech industry, and have a degree in Marketing.

So in a way i am taking issue with my own!

PowerTrip
Utah

·
Registered
528 Posts
I agree on the hijacking other vendors stuff. IT does not happen so much on two other forums I am on as much as here.

Yes they do pay to sell here BTW, that is what keeps these sites going.

I believe since the T-rex is new, not as many members yet like Rhino's or Rzrs

Rog

Rog

·
My name says it all!!!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love new stuff

Look, I love new items for my Teryx as much as any of you. However, it needs to be done tastefully. The contention that has shown up on this site will be felt by Lurkers/ potential members. We need to attract as many people/potential friends as we can.

The more people on this site, the better advice, problem solving, product input with vendors, and market visibility for our new Expensive Toys.

I did not write the above comments to be a prick. i do it to raise awareness that contention breeds conflict, and we need everyone in the ATV industry working together.

BETTER PRODUCTS, and LESS CHANCE OF THE GREENIES SHUTTING OUR SPORT DOWN!!!

POWERTRIP

·
...at the Speed of Life
39 Posts
Starting a forum, generating content, interest, and a member list is almost impossible without vendor involvement, and product info.

This being said, we appreciate what the vendors have done for us so far, and the forum will be moderated VERY soon. Hopefully the vendors will still see the benefit of working with us, and will want to stick around!

Thnaks for the heads up! It is important to know what our members are thinking, and we encourage input and constructive suggestions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I personally enjoy seeing the vendors bring out new products to us in the general forums, not only in their side forums or on their sites. It really helps to consolidate the information instead of having to check 30 sites everyday to see what is new. It also helps get us the info faster since it seems to take a bit of time to update a website, whereas it only takes a minute for them to post here with pictures and descriptions. It also consolidates user feedback about specific items and helps the vendors keep in touch with what may be changed, and what products to offer in the future.

I do agree about the thread-jacking. It's pointless and it's bad business. If you feel you have a superior product, become a sponsoring vendor and start a thread about the latest, greatest that you offer. DO NOT bash other sponsors' products!! You can state all day that that's just your personality or you're just a straight shooter, or whatever...BULL CRAP!!! It's bad customer service!! And it's one of the things I look at when I consider products.

I hope all the current vendors stay onboard. This is the main site I check everyday to see what's new and great for my Teryx.

My $.02. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy,
It is my opinion that these vendors are probably the most knowledgeable people on new products and techniques. These guys are giving away free advice on hop ups and etc. If someone finds that offensive then go to another thread. POWERTRIP you sure picked a good board name. It seems to fit you perfectly. I moderate 4 other sites and am administrator on another one. Most folks appreciate the inside information that the vendors and shade tree mechanics offer without challenging their reason. I have never seen free advice and knowledge challenged as having alterior motive. Oh, well my rant is over. Have a goodun!!!!

·
My name says it all!!!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,
First off, my statement were not meant to be.....so abrasive.... as you can see on other threads here, a lot of the members, and Vendors agree with my post.

There is nothing better than having the vendors on here giving us free information, and telling us all about the new ways to spend our money, and make our rides better. The issue was with the ridiculous back and forth bickering.

Ask Hunter, who left the forum, or Johnny what he thinks about the thread hijacks, and post whoring.

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism if you do it to make the board better. I am still a member, and will continue to be unless there is no value in doing so.

Thanks to the Vendors, the Mods, and the Owner of this site.

PowerTrip (<<<<< Yeah it fits)
Utah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts