Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy a jet kit and air filter. Which ones to you recommend? It will not be a KN filter, and I want to keep the stock air box. I already have the Gibson slipon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought the Hunterworks unit a couple of months ago and I am very pleased with it.
Others are hitting the market lately and they deserve a look too, but I don't know anyone with end-user experience with them.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
I would go with hunterworks on the jet kit they have a pretty good setup for the 2008. We have a filter/intake kit that will keep your stock air box, air box lid and give you alittle more hp too. The kit will include a new oversized billet velocity stack. This velocity stack will bolt onto the stock air box and give you a solid clamping surface for the intake tube and a solid clamping surface for the air filter. Then you will also get a huge filter that still fits in the air box with the air box lid on and last you will get an outerwear.

click here for out teryx intake

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't the HW kit require you to drill some holes in top of the airbox? I ride in a lot of mud/water and probablly will be snorkeling it so I don't think it would be a good fit for me. How much for the DASA Kit?

·
Vendor
3,814 Posts
we sell a billet adapater and uni filter (or K&N) that utilized the oem box, lid and doesnt require any drilling or cutting of the lid, just the box to bolt the adapter to it.

no tpi valves needed. we also sell the DynoJet jet kit as well which we have used numerous times and have always had good luck with it.

give us a call for package deals and discounts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
DASA I like that filter and adapter.

What type of filter is that, gauze or paper, or ?
Does it need to be oiled and is it reuseable?
Are the plenum rings shipping?
(I am getting tired of taking the damn plastic off/on/off repeat and am trying to consolidate these add-ons, LOL)

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
DASA I like that filter and adapter.
Thanks ..... the billet velocity stack is the same technolgy we use on Joe Byrds intake. It has a nice curve in it that REALLY WORKS.

What type of filter is that, gauze or paper, or ?
We have all our filter made to our specs. It is an 8 layer fabric filter. They flow more air then a K&N, but protect alot better.

Does it need to be oiled and is it reuseable?
You will maintain it as you would any fabric filter

Are the plenum rings shipping?
(I am getting tired of taking the damn plastic off/on/off repeat and am trying to consolidate these add-ons, LOL)
Sorry we sold out of the first run very fast. Yes all plenum ring orders should have shipped out and we now have them INSTOCK.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am going to push the button on the intake and filter.
I want to try an option to the UNI.
I am Awaiting the plenum rings, once coupled with the H/W jet kit, the TPI valves, your billet airbox stack and filter I should pretty much have the best of everything for intake and carb stuff on an '08. Crud in the intake will be a thing of the past.
Cooter, on the HW kit you do not have to put the slide valves in the airbox lid, they just give you some ability to regulate (fine tune ) the fuel mixture without changing jets, it won't fix jetting that is way off but it helps if you change altitude during a ride.
In my humble opinion, the pieces we are talking about here are a good way to go.

DASA, filter order sent...

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. This forums is a great help, keep it up!

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am going to push the button on the intake and filter.
Got you order ...... thanks for your business

I am Awaiting the plenum rings, once coupled with the H/W jet kit, the TPI valves, your billet airbox stack and filter I should pretty much have the best of everything for intake and carb stuff on an '08. Crud in the intake will be a thing of the past.
I agree .... if you have a 2008 our plenum rings and intake/filter kit are a MUST HAVE combo.

In my humble opinion, the pieces we are talking about here are a good way to go.
i could not agree more.

DASA, filter order sent...
Order will ship today ..... thanks again. We will have a full step by step installation on here and on our website very soon. if you have any questions about the install PM me and i can help you out. It is pretty straight forward.

CLICK HERE FOR THE TERYX INTAKE/FILTER KIT AND TERYX PLENUM RINGS

·
Registered
13 Posts
whats the problem with a k&n??

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
whats the problem with a k&n??
No issues with a K&N? We use a K&N style fabric filter with our kit. Our kit comes with a oversized billet velocity stack that has a solid clamping surface for the intake tune and the air filter. That is the problem with the stock filter as it has no solid clamping surface and your filter can peel off just like below ......

As you can see the stock filter can just peel back allowing dirt, dust and crud to get into the engine
TERYX INTAKE PHOTOS 013.jpg

The filter will not come off with our kit installed as the filter can clamp on tight
TERYX INTAKE PHOTOS 010.jpg

Here you see the clamping surface for the intake boot and the filter
TERYX INTAKE PHOTOS 012.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts