Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the dynojet kit like it called for.I used a 134 in the front and a 138 in the rear.I have the clip in the second grove and the mixture screw at 3 turns out.I also put on the gibson exhaust.It will rev up in neutral but when you try to move it splutters and pops and does not want to go.It will run at 3/4 throttle and above though.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Turn your idle mixture screws in 1 turn and turn your idle speed up a bit, but not up to where it is hard to get into gear.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up moving the clip down to the number 3 position.It runs real good now.Wide open it seems to not pop or bog.What would the long term effects be of having the clip one notch to low.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
with the clip being lower it makes it richer.id say better rich then lean

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it figured out.I tore it all back apart and one of the washers had come off of the needle when I put it together the first time.Moved it back to the second clip and now it runs great.I guess the third time was the charm.:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am getting a single pop after a full throttle run.About 2 seconds after I close the throttle it makes a pop.It seems to run really good from Idle to wide open but I am not sure if I should be worried about the pop.

I am pretty sure it is running a little rich at idle.i can smell a little bit of gas in the exhaust.If I pull the ckoke just a very tiny amount while running 15 to 20 it starts spluttering and bogging from the extra fuel, so I am pretty sure it is running rich enough.

Should I mess with it some more or leave it the way it is.I don't want to create a problem trying to fix something that may not need fixing.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mine developed a miss at idle when I moved the clip to the #1 position,not sure why. . Im gonna put mine back in the 2nd slot as it ran great there,should've left it alone but HWTodd said the mixture was better on his gauge in the 1st slot..

·
Registered
813 Posts
I dont understand why mine developed a miss after I done that,didnt touch anything else.. Maybe I should check the choke cable and see if thats it.. :xboit5:

mine runs fine on the 1st clip

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine developed a miss at idle when I moved the clip to the #1 position,not sure why. . Im gonna put mine back in the 2nd slot as it ran great there,should've left it alone but HWTodd said the mixture was better on his gauge in the 1st slot..
By #1 position, you saying the top position?....so in #2 you are riching it up?
Do you have both washers above the cip? I've got HWTodd kit in and it has a miss, but I floor it...and it goes. But putting around it has a definite miss, and I'd ike to get rid of that.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
clip 2 is richer than clip 1 and so on.i also have hw todds carb kit,but i have no miss?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes I have it in the top slot but im going to move it back to the 2nd slot when I get the chance. Mine has both washers above the clip.

By #1 position, you saying the top position?....so in #2 you are riching it up?
Do you have both washers above the cip? I've got HWTodd kit in and it has a miss, but I floor it...and it goes. But putting around it has a definite miss, and I'd ike to get rid of that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just bought a dynojet kit. Are you guys using the recommended jet sizes and settings? Do you have to take the carbs out to replace the needles and springs? Riding between 300-1500 feet most the time. Only mod's are CDI and exhaust tip. Any suggestions on tackling this next mod is appreciated.

I also have a trip planned to CO in the next couple of weeks and will need to rejet again for 7000-10,000 feet. Again, anay suggestions on dynojet jetting to use for this trip is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
not sure as far as dynojet jet sizes as they are different,but yes it will be easier to take the carbs off to change out the needles.you can do it with them halfway on but i always seem to drop crap then its like finding a needle in a haystack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts