Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Just Installed A Hunter Works Jet And Air Box Kit (great Kit By The Way) And With One Tp Valve Open All The Way And The Other Half Way It Will Stall Out At 53 On The Speedo. With Both Open It Will Only Get To 56 BEFORE IT WOULD DO 61 Do I Need Another Hole In The Air Box. I Think Its Getting To Fat Up Top? I Also Have A Dynatek Cdi Also Form Hunter Works Non-programable

Any Help Would Be Great
Thanks, Chase

·
Registered
813 Posts
What main jets are you running?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The One's That Are For Under 5000ft In The Hunter Works Kit
144 & 146

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im running 146/148 in mine but it may be just alittle on the rich side.. Hmm, what size tires are you running? What clip position is your needle in?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Puddle...69,...........I ain't seeing that. I have dyna, HWTodd carb kit, 27" tirers, and since carb kit, haven't made a top end run, but I'd guess shy of 60. Care to share your specific performance mods...I see you have 28" tires. And Chase08...getting 61 before the carb kit....just the cdi?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im seeing 67-68mph myself with 26" bighorns and windshield still on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes With Cdi Only I Could Hit 61 On The Speedo

Chase

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm not interested in top end as much as quickness...torque. But they go hand in hand.....I think.

Also seems all Teryx's are not the same, but I'm wondering if it's all in the belt/clutch. Seems everyone does the cdi...then maybe some jetting....but clutch work...haven't gone there, and may not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the 840 BBK With programable cdi Muzzy exhaust Trailteck speedo (calibrated by the way) and I only get 57Also checked with a GPS.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the 840 BBK With programable cdi Muzzy exhaust Trailteck speedo (calibrated by the way) and I only get 57Also checked with a GPS.
Then there is something REALLY different about each Teryx.....or the information we are getting here is not accurate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also remember someone with a gun getting 4 or 5 mph diff with a radar gun I thing it might of been a youtube video.

I think there is a bunch of good info on here, thats why all of us are here. I'm not worried about top speed all I want is to be able to have stupid fun.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i did hit 70 down a hill yesterday for a brief second,but thats just on my speedo.

67-68 with 2 guys in it down the flat highway and 69 with me in it by myself.id say something is off on that 840 kit

·
Registered
186 Posts
i'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone here but i don't see 68+ mph with the stock bore and cams. has anyone with stock bore and stock cams used a radar gun or gps to verify those speeds, or just the stock speedos, cause i think the speedos are off a bit. i think everyone here knows what i've done to my teryx and i only saw 58mph before clutch work, 68mph after clutch work, and 72mph with the 39mm fcr carbs. those speeds were all taken with a radar gun and gps to back each other up, both speeds matched. the 72mph pass with the new carbs i let off the gas before i topped out, it was still accelerating, anything 70+ is real scary in a sxs so that was enough for me. my teryx also got to those speeds very quickly i never took a long drive down the hwy to get those #'s, so maybe it is possible with the stock bore and cams i would just like to see someone back it up with a gun and gps, cause i'd like to know if i blew a bunch of $'s to go fast when i didn't need to!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chase ... with clutch work....in low, with a stomp on the go juice from dead stop, are you lifting the front wheels? Now that would be fun. How many times do you have that you can even run that fast....so top speed doesn't interest me as much as ..q u i c k n e s s.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i guess you guys are referring to me,and yes i have a machined cap from UTVCRAP!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts