Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post as I have been a member of all the other fourms(rhino,rzr,etc). Picking up the sunbeam red le tomorrow in phoenix.Have had been doing the rhino thing(dumping endless amounts of money to perform and still being S.O.L) Own a redline revolt and have been looking at the teryx for several months, Drove it and with the features superior to all the other crap out there, am gonna dive in. Gotta a swinging deal, will post pictures soon. Whats the bolt pattern on the teryx? will rhino fit? :hat1:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome! I think that you need adapters to go from Rhino wheels to Teryx. Vendors on here sell them.

I'll be curious to hear some of your comparisons. Got a budy (w/out kids) that's looking at maybe getn a RZR. For us, we needed a little more room for the kids seat etc so it wasn't even a consideration.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rzr has had a lot problems. I do not like the poopalaris personally. I think the v twin is the only way to go. I had the 727 kit on my rhino and ended up blowing three motors in glamis (threw the rod through the crankcase). I am kinda thinking to leave the motor stock on this one......no major rebuilding!

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Welcome, you'll love your new machine!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked it up the red le last night, MAN. F the rhino. What a great machine. On the break in period did you guys follow the manual on the 20 hour half throttle deal? Also, What ply are the stock tires that are on the teryx? Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats up nick? Anyone on my break in question? Ride it like I stole it? Or, Follow according to the manual?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't say what's right, but I started sort of easy and then got on it more and more, but would let it rest in between. I figured, while I could still smell the new wearing, I would give it some time before I went in the sand or just all out hard riding. Plus, my experience with the kawi belt is that it will change a little in 5-10hrs.

Couldn't say what's right, but I haven't had a problem and I definately have road it hard, but briefly during break in. Most of the time; however, has been just slow even trail riding with the family.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I'd do the oil change at 20hr, gets the "wear" sh!t out of your engine. I'm a believer in break it in how your gonna ride it. If your riding pretty hard, pull in the 20hr to 10 or so, then check the oil again at around 25. If you pull the filter at there is still metal debris, keep flushing oil out every 10-15hrs. Should be pretty clean before you go to the once year change.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once a year seems if you do not ride that much. I will break it in the same way I did with my rhino which is beer in fist.......thanks for the info guys.Supposely when I was buying the teryx, the dealership said there is a recall on the plastic roof. The cracking issue when going above 55 mph. Said they would send out recall information when available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts