Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my 08 in gear it hits hard and will start rolling without hitting gas, and it is hard to put in neutral. The Idle speed is normal, and I messed with the shifter linkage and no matter what its slams into gear and starts moving. I have a Daulton Clutch kit and HunterWorks OD Plate, belt deflect looks good. Any body have this problem or have any ideas whats wrong, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
when did you put the dalton clutch kit in, was it before or after? also did you do the od plate after or at the same time? did you remove your kebc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the clutch kit in for about a year or more and put the OD plate on about 3 months ago, The KEBS is still in place because of the type of OD it is, it allows the use of the KEBS its from Hunterworks. everything has always worked fine and this week this happened, I have not done any rough riding lately and nothing that would have caused this.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
If the idle speed is correct, and the primary weights are appropriate, then the only answer is that the belt tension (deflection) is too tight. Sounds like you need to shim the secondary clutch so it has more belt slack.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I think my deflection is about 1 and quarter, and before all this happened i was gonna pull the small shim from the driven pully, so I dont know whats up with this thing unless the something is remaining expanded or compressed in the clutch.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
The bushing is coming out of your OD plate so the clutch is not opening back up causing it to grab the belt still. You can take it of and push it back in but if you call Dalton he will take care of you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good deal, seems like a easy fix. But my OD plate is a hunterworks brand but I will give them a call after I tear into it. Thanks I will post back probley next weekend if thats what its was

·
Registered
104 Posts
It sounds like a machined stock one if he still has the kebc. I believe hw sells those now but don't quote me on it. I have had my deflection slightly on the tight side and I just get a squeal when your in gear an idling

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
good deal, seems like a easy fix. But my OD plate is a hunterworks brand but I will give them a call after I tear into it. Thanks I will post back probley next weekend if thats what its was
What did you find? :popcorn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts