Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got out and ran the fire out of it,let her warm up real good and went on a real fast paced run,held her open to the limiter then backed down and ran it up again several times,stopped and let it idle some and done it again.. :sparkplug1:

When I stopped I was checking things out and wished I had my camera with me,the pipes was glowing red and it was shooting a flame like a cuttin' torch out the pipe..:yahoo:

Man all I got to say is its strong and i've got a whole 7 miles on it now box stock,when I open it up with the mods REAL soon this sucker is gonna fly 60+ easy.. I think I got a strong runner on my hands. :winner_smilie:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going too but wanted to put some miles on it in box stock trim before I mod the heck outta it.

Better richen that puppy up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, they put off a pretty orange glow.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mine done it also,but so did my yfz so im not gonna worry about it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with the break-in technique.:) Out of curiosity, how many hours does the manual say you need to break-it-in for?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mine was full throttle with less than an hour on it,haha!!

thats how you break em in!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Typical Kawasaki. My ZX-7 back in 93 had a "no more than 4000 revs for 500 miles". No chance! 20k miles later it was still going strong.

And how do you know if you're going half throttle without a rev counter? Just on the peddle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts