Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Sorry Dealer installed the driver side. They took it for a ride and the whole thing pulled off when they turned in full lock lol rivets and all. Never did get passenger side installed as they are asking for support from Kawi.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks like another recall I won't be getting done. Didn't take mine in he first time kawi tried this with the smaller shields

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
I went ahead and ordered some 2" spacers hopefully they will arrive today. Heading to camp tomorrow. Nozzleweeds post has me a little worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well I've about ripped both of them off. If all else fails get a bigger hammer

·
Registered
285 Posts
The 2 inch wheel spacers came in on Monday should be fine now

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
FWIW, I contacted Kawi a couple weeks ago and talked to their Customer Service Dept. I explained to them that I had purchased JBS floorboard skids because I was concerned with my family and my safety. I provided them with a receipt of my JBS floorboard skids, and they sent me a check for the full amount I paid for the JBS guards. I bought the guards over a year ago, so all I had was an old online credit card statement, which was fine. Hat's off to Kawi for reimbursing me for this. I really didn't think they would, but thought it was worth a shot. I doubt any other manufacturer would be willing to do this.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm not putting that junk on mine! I didn't the first round and won't this one either. Haven't broke them yet

·
Registered
285 Posts
I recommend not having them installed either I just added 2"spacers and it rubs on the left going forward full turn Rubs on the right in reverse full-term and that's with 2"spacers. It was a gallant effort but an epic fail.I would add pictures but tapatalk will not access my camera for some reason. If you run stock tires you may be OK 30s not OK

·
Registered
104 Posts
FWIW, I contacted Kawi a couple weeks ago and talked to their Customer Service Dept. I explained to them that I had purchased JBS floorboard skids because I was concerned with my family and my safety. I provided them with a receipt of my JBS floorboard skids, and they sent me a check for the full amount I paid for the JBS guards. I bought the guards over a year ago, so all I had was an old online credit card statement, which was fine. Hat's off to Kawi for reimbursing me for this. I really didn't think they would, but thought it was worth a shot. I doubt any other manufacturer would be willing to do this.
I'm going to try this and you'll be my favorite if they refund me, MattN03! :pepper1:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I tried and it did not work for me. Can't really blame them, but it was worth a shot. This is the response I received today:

Thank you for sending over the receipt for your purchase. We have reviewed your request and Kawasaki will only be able to provide a reimbursement for your aftermarket guards if you were to mail them in to Kawasaki, then have the recall completed by an authorized Kawasaki dealership.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Well I tried and it did not work for me. Can't really blame them, but it was worth a shot. This is the response I received today:

Thank you for sending over the receipt for your purchase. We have reviewed your request and Kawasaki will only be able to provide a reimbursement for your aftermarket guards if you were to mail them in to Kawasaki, then have the recall completed by an authorized Kawasaki dealership.
Did you call Kawi customer service? I spoke to Tim FWIW. It sounds like they want you to ship the JBS guards to them, and then have the factory guards installed? Strange.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I called them. I talked to Mike D'Agata. He told me to email him my contact information and a copy of the invoice. What I posted earlier was his reply to me.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Yes I called them. I talked to Mike D'Agata. He told me to email him my contact information and a copy of the invoice. What I posted earlier was his reply to me.
Sorry they wouldn't help you out. I was shocked they helped me.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Same here...:sad: Thanks, but no thanks Kawasaki.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So 30's will not fit without running spacers and a lift, but what about 28's? I had some 28" zillas that would rub the nub when aired way up but removing a little air, they didn't. So if I ran an all terrain as opposed to a mud tire, do you think there would still be rubbing? I got the recall done but I don't have the zillas anymore. I've been looking to get another set of all terrain 28's though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The 28's may be ok with spacers. They will definitely rub with out them

21 - 39 of 39 Posts