Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where to get new shocks/struts for the Kawi storage box? Not looking for kawi but a generic replacement? Size , specs or part #s so I could get on Amazon or Ebay

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way to search as I have no idea the size, lbs ect ...nothing comes up under kawasaki....

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
i got mine from kawasaki, however the earyl boxes only had one strut and i ordered the current unit the parts person could get from kawasaki accessory support it was for the new boxes with dual struts so its a little weak for my single style but it works, usually the struts have identifying numbers like lbs etc on them

just get the closed and open length needed, the ball end size, and the lbs of lift amazon etc

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen online the measurement to buy a pair is fully extended eyelet to eyelet..Is this correct?

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts
You're a third of the way there! You need to know the extended length, compressed length and what type of fitting are on the ends. If you figure that out you can click on that link I posted above and figure out which one will work for you.

Hopefully that's clear as mud.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Do you still have the original one? If so is there a p/n or at least a company name on it....keep in mind that even though it was an OEM Kawasaki part they don't actually make these. As said above you need the extended and collapsed length, and the what style ends they have and then search some of the sites that specialize in them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10 inch shock at 10lbs... $15 for pair on Ebay installed and works perfectly!...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont have a link just search on ebay 10" gas strut 10lbs ,,lots will come up be sure to click on US seller..also sold on Amazon...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts