Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Well how are the superatv high clearance arms holding up. Haven't heard much about them in awhile. Are the guys running them having any issues or is in no news is good news.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Well how are the superatv high clearance arms holding up. Haven't heard much about them in awhile. Are the guys running them having any issues or is in no news is good news.
I have been really happy with mine. Just got back from moab. I really like the added clearance and wheelbase while keeping the stock suspension geometry. I only run 28" roctanes but i would think the 30" tire guys would be happy with the offset to keep the tires off their frames.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got a front set on my 2014 work good but don't leave in sun.mine was at dealer for 2 weeks getting 4x4 acuater replaced sitting outside I always keep it garaged I now have sea foam green aarms buddy's rzr 1000 orange is almost white satv needs to step up the powder coating. I did call them about it replied quickly said they'd replace or repowdercoat or pay me to powder coat locally but after thinking about it and the trouble to press everything in and out and be down for couple weeks sea foam green is looking better. Gonna get some 20inch wheels if they ever get anymore maybe they can knock it off those.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Got a front set on my 2014 work good but don't leave in sun.mine was at dealer for 2 weeks getting 4x4 acuater replaced sitting outside I always keep it garaged I now have sea foam green aarms buddy's rzr 1000 orange is almost white satv needs to step up the powder coating. I did call them about it replied quickly said they'd replace or repowdercoat or pay me to powder coat locally but after thinking about it and the trouble to press everything in and out and be down for couple weeks sea foam green is looking better. Gonna get some 20inch wheels if they ever get anymore maybe they can knock it off those.
Funny that you posted this. I was looking at my A-Arms this morning and they looked less bright and kind of hazy. Thought it was just me. Looking again they are headed for sea foam coloring too. Mine never is in the sun unless I am riding. Bummer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The stance looks a little wider than stock, or is it just an optical illusion?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The stance looks a little wider than stock, or is it just an optical illusion?
Mine is wider because I have two inch spacers. I guess when adding this kit you will end up being wider since it requires a 1 inch spacer minimum if you run factory wheels. I prefer the wider stance myself. Loving mine, haven't had any issues at all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So what are the camber adjustment setting you guys went with?

I heard you have to remove the arms to make adjustments.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I think I went with their recommended setting in the front. I went like 3-4 mm more in the rear lowers I think. Trying to remember.

·
1,694 Posts
SUPER ATV??

A-arm guards are needed for our east coast guys. Any plans for guards to fit these arms? That aside I love them. They are awesome.
Super ATV....Are you going to produce some A arm guards for these? Boots are notorious for getting punctured on these things. I'd like to eventually go to these arms, but not if there is no protection. I will just go back to stock arms with a bracket lift and guards first. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Super ATV....Are you going to produce some A arm guards for these? Boots are notorious for getting punctured on these things. I'd like to eventually go to these arms, but not if there is no protection. I will just go back to stock arms with a bracket lift and guards first. Thanks.
I asked the same question on their FB page and they said they currently do not have plans to produce guards for their a-arms.

Reactions: mrwvsportsman

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
This takes some time, but if you have an old oven it should work out well.

http://www.teryxforums.net/general-teryx-discussion/29440-homemade-arm-guards-hcr-lt.html

I'd probably notch the sheet to help the guard sit flush on the arched arm. Mounting tabs can be welded on. I've never received an aftermarket part who's powder coating held up if you are worried about that. I used to spray part-time for a company that did industrial coatings and that stuff holds.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
To the guys running these. Are there any negative effects on the handling or the turning radius? I'm considering getting these at some point. Thanks.
With these arms you are extending the wheelbase so you are also extending the turning radius. If you install their steering stops, that will increase the turning radius some more. Sorry, I don't have any numbers to compare. It hasn't made a big enough difference to me to make me think twice. Mine has never turn sharply anyway without steering with the back tires.

Reactions: DA44mag

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks. This concerned me since we have alot of tight turns just about everywhere. I figured that they would affect the turning radius.
If you want to check them out in person, you can look at my setup.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts