Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one purchased the soft cab kit from Kawasaki.Just looking for some feed back. How they fit? Can you use they with the factory hard top? I like the idea of them swinging open when you open the lower door. It sound like they use magnets to keep the upper doors. I think that might be better than using the hook and loop tape that the canvas tops use.

Thanks
Emilio

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
Been looking to get some after Christmas. Curious to see what people post here.

Reactions: emiliojr

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have it. You need the full enclosure and the doors to make it all work.It has its good points and bad. But I use mine year round and love it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it. You need the full enclosure and the doors to make it all work.It has its good points and bad. But I use mine year round and love it
Could you post a few pics? I have the canvas style cab and it works great in cold weather and keeping the mud off ya but its getting to be a pain every time you need to get out the rig.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has any one purchased the soft cab kit from Kawasaki.Just looking for some feed back. How they fit? Can you use they with the factory hard top? I like the idea of them swinging open when you open the lower door. It sound like they use magnets to keep the upper doors. I think that might be better than using the hook and loop tape that the canvas tops use.

Thanks
Emilio
try this site

·
Mat
2018 Teryx4 LE Grey Camo
15 Posts
try this site
I have this set from UTV enclosures and really like it. I ran into a guy on a trailride with the magnetic doors and he had to lash them together with bungy cords to keep them from flying open. Didn't seem like a good design.

The utv enclosures are zippered and really handy. Super easy to install. I'd recommend getting the back window that they offer because it has the velcro already sewn on to attach the door framing to. Only downside with their back window is it's pretty small so you can't see into your bed with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has any one purchased the soft cab kit from Kawasaki. Just looking for some feed back. How they fit? Can you use they with the factory hard top? I like the idea of them swinging open when you open the lower door. It sound like they use magnets to keep the upper doors. I think that might be better than using the hook and loop tape that the canvas tops use.

Thanks
Emilio
Be prepared you will have a whole bunch of issues. I purchased a factory soft top with doors, upon receiving I laid all the material out. The first issue I had was I had an after market windshield the front has to be modified to work they are suppose to be designed with all Kawasaki material. I wasn't happy with the rear window it is connected in front of storage boxes. before I tell you about the doors you need to know the top has to be removed to transport so the top is of in the morning then when your ride is done it comes back off.
the doors don't fix the bike at all, for someone that has been making these for all their side-by-sides. The frame of the upper door needs to be reconfigured. Mine on drivers door the frame needs to be cut apart made to fit the opening and rewelded. The door canvas is big enough to fit the refigured door frame. Make sure you bend to frame to the top of door and then if you have access of a thread insert tool, the inserts you get with the door pulls out easy. They give you bolts for door hinges I would advise installing the original hardware your knees will thank you.
I modified the hard top so I wouldn't have to remove soft top it works pretty well with just a few mods. Front of top has to be rolled back then you have a good A'C or install small roll of installation , I also had to drill hills above door opening.

Good ;luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts