Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have experience with the cheaper version of the Kawasaki LED headlights found on eBay? You can buy 2 pairs of them for less than one pair of the Kawi lights. I'm sure the quality isn't quite as good, but they look identical to the OEM LED lights. I figure if they are even half as good as the Kawi LEDs, they'll still be twice as good as the OEM halogens.

eBay - LED headlights link

Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
I've been looking at those myself, but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. Was thinking about upgrading my stock halogen lights to LED. Maybe I'll use some of that $600 Gub'ment check to get a set and try'em out?

Nah... who am I kidding. I'm going to put that towards more guns and ammo ;)

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #3
I hear that. I was looking at ammo on AIM Surplus last night. Looked again this morning and they still have 9mm, 5.56, .45 and several others available. Not cheap, but who knows when the demand will go back down.

Premium Member
Lead is literally worth more than Silver today!

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #5
That鈥檚 true! And more useful. I鈥檇 easily take a box of 9mm over an ounce of silver.

Premium Member
I have a bunch of old silver coins, after 2020 I'm seriously thinking about melting them down into some Silver Bullets! LOL

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #7
:LOL:

Registered
Anyone here have experience with the cheaper version of the Kawasaki LED headlights found on eBay? You can buy 2 pairs of them for less than one pair of the Kawi lights. I'm sure the quality isn't quite as good, but they look identical to the OEM LED lights. I figure if they are even half as good as the Kawi LEDs, they'll still be twice as good as the OEM halogens.

eBay - LED headlights link
I purchased a knockoff set on Amazon. They work great! I think they are the exact same as OEM but way cheaper. Watch the video to replace the originals. Lots of fasteners to remove.

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. I replaced the stock headlights on my teryx with OEM LEDs. Big improvement. Now I'm looking at putting LEDs on my Brute Force. I actually just purchased a newer version of the Speaker brand LED headlights that Kawi uses. The specs show them as being brighter than what Kawi uses, so should be an improvement. A lot cheaper than the Kawi lights and still made in the USA. Once I receive them I'll post back with my thoughts and some pics.

Registered
I actually got mine on Ebay. 111.00 for a set of two. Work perfect and look exactly like OEM for way less! Works on my 2020 Teryx2

Pair LED Headlight Hi/Low Beam for kawasaki Teryx4 750 Brute Force 750 2012-2020

9 product ratings

Condition:
New

Bulk savings:
Buy 1
$111.00/ea

Buy 2
$107.67/ea

Buy 3
$106.56/ea

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
4 or more for $105.45/ea

More than 10 available102 sold / See feedback

Unit price:
US $111.00/ea

Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
Thanks for the reply. I replaced the stock headlights on my teryx with OEM LEDs. Big improvement. Now I'm looking at putting LEDs on my Brute Force. I actually just purchased a newer version of the Speaker brand LED headlights that Kawi uses. The specs show them as being brighter than what Kawi uses, so should be an improvement. A lot cheaper than the Kawi lights and still made in the USA. Once I receive them I'll post back with my thoughts and some pics.
Those lights in the ebay listing look different than the ones I have in my 2020 LE. They do look more like the ones in a friends 2018 LE. Other than the colors the headlights where the only difference I could spot between our machines.

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #13
Those lights in the ebay listing look different than the ones I have in my 2020 LE. They do look more like the ones in a friends 2018 LE. Other than the colors the headlights where the only difference I could spot between our machines.
Interesting. I bet I ordered the same new style lights that come on the 20+ Teryxs. I went on Kawi's website and looked at the 2021 Teryx LE pics. The headlights look similar to what I ordered. That could also explain Kawi's $100 price increase on LED headlights after 2019. The old part # was TX750-075. New part # is 99994-0639.

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #14

Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
Here鈥檚 a poor comparison lol
2018 on the left 2020 right

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #16
I like those too. I saw a guy on YouTube put those lights on his brute force. He claimed they are better than the old Teryx LEDs. Brighter and shine further. Expensive though - $260 for a pair.

I paid $150 for the ones I ordered.

Registered
I like those too. I saw a guy on YouTube put those lights on his brute force. He claimed they are better than the old Teryx LEDs. Brighter and shine further. Expensive though - $260 for a pair.

I paid $150 for the ones I ordered.
I will be curious how they work out on your Brute Force. I am also looking at upgrading the headlights on my 2020 Brute Force but couldn't quite swallow the price for a set of factory LED's from Kawi. The Brute Forces should already come with the LED lights on them IMHO. I couldn't believe how dim the factory halogen lights were the first time I turned them on this hunting season. Seriously disappointed in some things Kawi does.

After getting a price on OEM LED headlights I started looking into light bars and/or pods but there is just something nice about the simplicity of upgrading the headlights vs wiring in a new light. After running a winch, battery tender, heated grips and thumb warmer, and speedohealer I am getting tired of running wires and switches all over the machine! I have also looked into buying LED bulbs for the factory lights but I have not found to many good alternatives yet. The one I have been eye balling is the Beamtech H4 9003 LED bulbs. Just not sure if they will fit behind the headlight housing cover in the wheel well and haven't pulled the trigger on ordering a set or pulling my headlight assembly apart yet to see how tight the clearances are.

Administrator
Christ is King
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, the stock halogen lights are pathetic. I have pocket flashlights that work better.

The bulbs you linked to may work, but you'd have cut those connections off and splice into the factory wiring. The factory light wiring harness has a connection that snaps into the back of the LED housing. Attached is a picture. I'm hoping I get the lights soon, but the seller said it might be a few weeks before they ship. Not sure why.

Premium Member
I agree, the stock halogen lights are pathetic. I have pocket flashlights that work better.

The bulbs you linked to may work, but you'd have cut those connections off and splice into the factory wiring. The factory light wiring harness has a connection that snaps into the back of the LED housing. Attached is a picture. I'm hoping I get the lights soon, but the seller said it might be a few weeks before they ship. Not sure why.
View attachment 63439
Or... you could make your own adapter.

Premium Member
I have a base 800 with halogen lights. Been looking to upgrade myself. Those bulb upgrades might just work in the halogen housing, not sure, but shouldn't be hard to fix. I like the look of those "2021" LED lights and wouldn't mind getting a set of those too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts