Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Waco, TX. Just picked up a brand spanking new krx 1000es this morning.

I am a previous can am maverick owner and moved over to the Kawasaki for reliability and ease of maintenance. Currently I plan on adding harnesses, front and rear windshields and a winch along with rear storage. I will detail my journey and builds through this thread. Please feel free to follow and comment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Deal

I got the new machine from Freedom Powersports in Farmers Branch, TX. In the current market I paid MSRP and about $1800 for freight and setup. I realize this is highway robbery but you know supply and demand. I did purchase the 3 yr warranty for another $1200, they were asking $1900. Not a very good deal there either but I’m glad to have the coverage. They were professional and courteous. I had planned on trading in my maverick but I lost the title this week which was uber frustrating. They were offering IMO a decent deal for my old rig and I suppose I will either keep it on ATV trader a little longer or take it back there for cash. Thankfully they did not ask me to take a cheesy picture next to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First Ride

Things I liked
Smooth acceleration, plush ride. Like the doors and sport roof. TFT display is bright in daylight.

Things I did not like
Not as much punch as my turbo can am which was expected. Don't like navigating the touch screen. Got cow s**t on my new ride.

It was not as peppy as my can am. Somewhat disappointing, but I know it has 20 less HP and about 500 more pounds. Was not really able to accentuate its strengths in our pasture. No rock climbing or very uneven ground. May do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all that have viewed this thread. I am not getting much feedback here so I have gone over to the KRX forum and am getting a little more discussion there. Feel free to look me up over there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts