Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems enough people raised hell about the roofs cracking on the LE's that kawasaki issued another factory directed modification to fix it,guess mines going to the dealer for this as well as fix my carb heater and rear main seal leaking:tools1:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Did they say what they are doing to them?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
says they are going to install support brackets

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have you called you dealer yet? Is it something that they will let us put on or does kawi have to install them?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes,i talked to him today.i didnt ask if he would let me do it as he wants to fix the carb heater, the roof, and my main seal thats leaking

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys,
Will someone please post a pic of the fix when you get it done?
I want to have a look and see if it's worth my time taking it in.
Thanks!!...anybody else have a rear CV boot rip yet? I lost mine after 45 hours...
Mike

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no boot rips,but im taking mine in monday to get it fixed.ill take some pics when i get it back

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I just purchased an LE and we absolutely love it. I used this website as a basis for my decision. You guys have been really helpful.
I see there are some issues such as the roof. Is this like a factory re-call where they fix under for free? Also, if anyone knows if there are any other recalls that the dealer will correct for free.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Its free mudeater,welcome

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the carb heater and the roof supports are the only recalls so far,welcome to the site!

·
Registered
182 Posts
My roof cracked with 1 hour on the meter. It's off now....and considering how the roof rattled, and banged against the cage....I like it a lot better without it. Your hint is also in the review made they showed on TV. In the prep before the ride, roof was on for marketing reasons. When they rode, they took them off. I wouldn't waste my time...on the stock POS roof.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Thanks Puddle Jumper.
I will have them fix these when I return for my 20 hr service. I am a little surprised nothing was metioned to me about the recalls since I just purchased this.

In response to jcummins roof rattle, I purchasd some small self sticking felt pads and stuck them between the roll bars and roof. Voila! No more roof rattle. It worked perfectly and super easy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer gave me the optional factory aluminum roof for free so I got the stock LE roof sittin' in my shop.

If somebody wants to pick it up in NE Texas (75488) and give me a 6 pack of Original Coors ... it's yours.

:TX:

·
Gary
8 Posts
Hello all, picked mine up last Thursday and they wouldnt let me leave with the roof on.said mine was near last serial # in the recall,so newer mods are already equiped with new part, fix is free at dealer,and am also waiting for 20 hr till I have mine fixed.ps great site

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
My dealer gave me the optional factory aluminum roof for free so I got the stock LE roof sittin' in my shop.

If somebody wants to pick it up in NE Texas (75488) and give me a 6 pack of Original Coors ... it's yours.

:TX:
Kowboy,
I should be near Longview soon but not Telephone, TX. I would sure like that roof since mine cracked the first 15 min! Darn trees!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts