Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add me to the list of cracked tops,trailered it too Hot Springs this weekend and this is what happened on the way there,hopefully my dealer wont give me a problem.Here is a few pics.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a redesign is in order or it will keep breaking in the same spot. PJ have they replaced yours yet?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So what's going with it to crack like that? Mine howls with vibration against the roll bar but not noticed any cracks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
65-75 mph I think they have a design flaw and dont even say they dont,I think kawi needs to look at yamaha's design and copy it.

Guys, can you tell me at what speeds the tops appear to be breaking while trailering the Teryx?
65-75 mph with wind gusts while on the hwy, I think they have a design flaw,dont even say they dont,I think kawi needs to look at yamaha's design and take note.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not saying there is or isn't, I'm just wanting info as to the speed at which the breaking point seems to be, any other issues with it?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No other issue's with mine,the front flaps in the wind even when im truckin' down a gravel road.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just bring it home from the dealer at around 55 no mre than 60 mph busted before i got home what a joke! My club car golf cart with a top on never busted and was pulling it a over 75mph. Everbody needs to be calling kaw and telling them to fix this problem.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What # do we need to call?

Just bring it home from the dealer at around 55 no mre than 60 mph busted before i got home what a joke! My club car golf cart with a top on never busted and was pulling it a over 75mph. Everbody needs to be calling kaw and telling them to fix this problem.
I just called kawi and told them the problem,she came back on the phone and told me that they dont recommend towing with them on and I told he that my dealer installed it and never told me,she came back on and just told me to take back to the dealer and they would handle it but they recommend removing it for towing,I procceded to tell them its a bad design that I had a rhino with a top and it help up fine towing and they should take another page outta the book from them on tops.. Everyone needs to call in to kawi and complain. :cussing:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its gonna be a pain if we have to take the top off to transport it..

·
Registered
33 Posts
What number do we call? I want another roof, getting speaker bar and stereo this week and want it protected from the sun, mud, and water.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just called kawi customer care,gonna be calling my dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah i dropped mine off last tuesday so im going to call the dealer in the morning to find out what the deal is with mine.

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
I noticed ours flapping like crazy so I threw a strap around the center to hold it down, not super tight but on non the less, doesn't flap in the wind and have trailered over 300 miles so far at 65+ gravel and pavement.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Bottom line this is not right! we the customer need to stand up to them to make it right we spend 10 grand for this junk top?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts