Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is an easy one I am sure. What is the LE Model vs the Non-LE Model...Whats the difference..Thanks.....:TX:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Basically Plastic roof, Bed dumps with helper pneumatic shocks (i think) and it includes the cupholder and the Digital Dash...That should be it, oh, and a partial windshield... From most recomendations I have heard that the stock is the best bang for the buck...that is what I went with...You can save some coin up front, and you can customize/add the parts that you want back anyways...Usually at a much cheeper price overall.

The basic one still can be made to dump etc, but if you decide on a 4 seater cage, "most" of them have bed lockouts to keep the bed secured since you have seats in them...You can get the cupholders for like $100 and the dash for $200-220.

Example of bed lockouts: Rhino, Teryx, RZR, Prowler, Ranger, sport cages

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
$100 for cup holders!! I bought two stainless steel cupholders for the boat. Cut two holes in the front drivedrain cover and secured with epoxy. Cost me $20...

Agree w/Pactec, if your gonna upgrade the cage, no need for LE. Digital dash is $200.

·
Banning,CA
582 Posts
the cup holder for the teryx is retractable & it looks alot nicer.it comes with all the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It does look nicer but I like having that open spot for additional storage. Plus it seems that the kawi cupholders are on some sort of slides. I wonder how well they will keep sliding once sand and dirt gets in there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree... hate to lose that storage space & a $100 spot! Got my cup holders, black plastic for a boat, from academy for about $2 apiece. Installed three on the tunnel.

I went with the base model since I was going to make it a 4 seater, add a cage and a more durable top. The computer is nice, but it doesn't even do the fuel like on their 4 wheelers. Plus on my 4 wheeler it cracked. I figured if I wanted a computer, I could either buy one separate, or get one of the 3rd party ones that they make which has more functions. Or just mount a GPS.

Also, I wasn't too interested in the windshield... I like it completely open in the summer and in winter, wanted more protection from the rain & cold. Just my 2 cents. They're both nice. If the deal would have been good enough, I would certainly take an LE!

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I went with the base model since I was going to make it a 4 seater, add a cage and a more durable top.
Same reason I bought the base. Windshield/top useless when I put the 4 seat cage on. I bought the computer and see above for my cupholders. The difference in OTD $$$ for base vs. LE was $800 (multiple quotes). I spent $200 on the dash, so the $600 would have gone to the cupholders (top, windshield and dump bed would be removed after cage upgrade).

BTW I put a nice Jeep softop on one of the Teryx's for $35...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts