Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,700 Posts
I do think higher is definately better. Throws the light further down the trail and keeps the light up out of the mud and water. For my riding conditions, mounting it on top of the roof is putting it at risk of being knocked off by low hanging branches. My custom roof (made from an old camper shell) had a perfect mounting spot up front just under the roof line.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

· Registered
60 Posts
You could fab something to the roll bar tops sticking up or flush with the roof to deflect branches efficiently. I get a lot which hook underneath the lip of my roof and cut angle pieces of ABS black pipe and tie wrapped them on. It has worked great for years and thousands of bush miles.

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
939 Posts
You could fab something to the roll bar tops sticking up or flush with the roof to deflect branches efficiently. I get a lot which hook underneath the lip of my roof and cut angle pieces of ABS black pipe and tie wrapped them on. It has worked great for years and thousands of bush miles.
Off topic(ish) but do you have any picks of that setup? I've been thinking about rigging up some type of limb risers.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
For slower and more technical trails at night I really needed some A-pillar lights (often called ditch lights). Used a set of EMP pillar mounts with fog pattern cubes that are slightly angled toward the sides. When on a tight trail or in the mountains and needed to make a sharp turn you couldn't see where you were going and wanted to make sure you didn't turn off the side of a mountain. Also have a set of fog pattern cubes on the rear roll bar angled slightly out that are wired on a switch, and along with a couple of little eagle eye lights that come on automatically when in reverse. The little ones are good enough for general backing in the night but switch on the cubes at times.
Did install a 12" bar on the front bumper. Really don't need it for most trails but found I would "out run" the headlights on the gravel roads and such on the way back to camp whenever you got above about 20 mph. I have the light bar wired through a relay so it comes on when I switch to the factory high beams and turns off when going to low beams. This makes it easy to turn it off when coming up on opposing traffic....the factory switch is easy to get to and kills two birds with one stone for going to low beams and turnings off the bar. Please don't be the guy who keeps his 96" triple row "brighter than the sun" lightbar on when you come up to them on the trail!

· Registered
2021 Teryx Base
46 Posts
Hi guys I'm away right now and can't get a measurement, also want your opinion. Looking at mounting a light bar on the top bar of the factory bumper, wonder how long of a light I can go with in between (keeping it in the straight section). Anybody that has a bar in this location do you find that is gives you adequate light or would the lower window mounting options with a 50" curved be the better play, Does the bumper location give any issues for cooling the rad? Light recommendations from Amazon would be appreciated as well, and are there any wiring harnesses to avoid?
tdlr; I measured and decided on 20" light bar and mounting clamps for the area on the front bumper you're asking about. Unfortunately, haven't done the install yet to show ya an example. Did find a picture of my and @VirginiaHawk bikes and had a little fun with image editing so you could compare locations. :ROFLMAO:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Addressing your request for amazon suggestions, I measured for the top of the bumper where you asked about and purchased this 20" light bar/pods set way too long ago for not having installed it yet :/
As @Andy> mentioned, nilight came highly recommended so I went with that brand and this kit comes with wiring harness, relay, and fuse.

Got these mounting clamps for front bumber https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714CYKBJ/ and this for pods on the rear https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753YM3VX/

Unfortunately I haven't even dry fit anything yet. My delay is because I also got a fuse block, circuit breaker, relay, remote battery post, light toggle, etc and want to wire it aallll at once but haven't made it a priority. One day...

Hoping to make the install as clean as @Davidryan123 and @Kawierider when it's done!

· TOTM Winner Sep '22
2014 TERYX 4 LE 4X4
193 Posts
I have a 6" Super Atv light bar mounted on my Super Atv Winch Bumper with the cube lights mounted in the bumper it gets the job done for me & I have a duel battery set up with a marine battery mounted under the seat & a battery Isolator as well I haven't had any problems running all My lights at Night & now when I use my winch that thing has no lack of power at all vs running just the stock battery & I have dual cube lights when I want to back up to light the way mounted to My rear Super Atv Bumper.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
For slower and more technical trails at night I really needed some A-pillar lights (often called ditch lights). Used a set of EMP pillar mounts with fog pattern cubes that are slightly angled toward the sides. When on a tight trail or in the mountains and needed to make a sharp turn you couldn't see where you were going and wanted to make sure you didn't turn off the side of a mountain. Also have a set of fog pattern cubes on the rear roll bar angled slightly out that are wired on a switch, and along with a couple of little eagle eye lights that come on automatically when in reverse. The little ones are good enough for general backing in the night but switch on the cubes at times.
Did install a 12" bar on the front bumper. Really don't need it for most trails but found I would "out run" the headlights on the gravel roads and such on the way back to camp whenever you got above about 20 mph. I have the light bar wired through a relay so it comes on when I switch to the factory high beams and turns off when going to low beams. This makes it easy to turn it off when coming up on opposing traffic....the factory switch is easy to get to and kills two birds with one stone for going to low beams and turnings off the bar. Please don't be the guy who keeps his 96" triple row "brighter than the sun" lightbar on when you come up to them on the trail!
Realized I didn't post any pics:

12" bar on the front bumper. It works fine but probably should have gotten a little bigger bar as there is more room. This is a '15 model so the hood tilts forward so I had to make a mount out of angle iron to move it out just a hair for clearance. Also noticed that on mine that upper bar where it is mounted is square vs. round tubing on mine (factory bumper). One downside to this location is that the light gets dirty just splashing through small puddles on the trail even at lower speed. Didn't want a bar above the roof because of getting hit by tree branches, and just under the roof lip would cause problems because of the SuperATV flip up windshield.

The second picture is of the A pillar "ditch lights".

Automotive tire Hood Light Vehicle Car
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Teryx4
65 Posts
Hi guys I'm away right now and can't get a measurement, also want your opinion. Looking at mounting a light bar on the top bar of the factory bumper, wonder how long of a light I can go with in between (keeping it in the straight section). Anybody that has a bar in this location do you find that is gives you adequate light or would the lower window mounting options with a 50" curved be the better play, Does the bumper location give any issues for cooling the rad? Light recommendations from Amazon would be appreciated as well, and are there any wiring harnesses to avoid?
Just wanted to show what my 24'' light bar looks like in that space. I also just finished putting in led headlights, think that will be enough lights for me!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

· Registered
2023 Teryx 4S SE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just wanted to show what my 24'' light bar looks like in that space. I also just finished putting in led headlights, think that will be enough lights for me!
View attachment 65873
Do you have any heating issues (rad restriction) with the bar located in that location. That is exactly the setup I was thinking about. Thank you

· July & December '22 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
254 Posts
I’m planning on the 20” bar myself. My cousin has the same bar, and it’s rough riding in front of him at night! That sucker is bright! Wife is gonna get it for me for Christmas.

· Registered
2023 Teryx 4S SE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No, heating issues at all with the light bar. I am wanting to mount winch right below it and radiator restriction is my concern.
Yeah it would concern me as well, my brute was always quick to heat if the rad was even a bit dirty, I have no experience with the Teryx I know the rad is much bigger but definitely something to consider

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Teryx4
65 Posts
Yeah it would concern me as well, my brute was always quick to heat if the rad was even a bit dirty, I have no experience with the Teryx I know the rad is much bigger but definitely something to consider
I just like the height of that location as opposed to down lower. Don't cross water very often, but you never know when you'll have too.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I want to mount a winch in that space right under the light bar, anyone know if it will restrict the radiator too much?
In an above post you can see where I have the winch mounted. Never had an overheating problem and have ran for a couple hours fairly hard on the trails when it's been fairly warm out (80's or 90's).

Automotive tire Hood Light Vehicle Car

21 - 40 of 41 Posts