Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seem to be plenty of people frustrated by the cost of LT kits. I also see a lot of people with interference problems with and without them when using taller tires. No solution is ideal for all riding environments so sound off about yours.

I found a kit from Racertech that is under $2K that relocates the upper shock mounts front and rear, I suppose it reuses the factory shocks saving $1,100 to $1,200. OK by me, the LE has reservoir shocks on all for corners. Has anyone had experience with this kit? It's a six inch kit.

Practically speaking, how tall can you go on tires without interference?

I want the ground clearance and articulation of the LT kit for the trails and rocks her in AZ. I would also like a taller tire for the take off angle on obstacles and a larger tire patch.

Like most people, I find $4-$5K a bit hard to swallow, to say nothing of the spousal unit's lack of enthusiasm.

What say you all.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
think of what you are saying take a stock shock and atach it to a lever and it works fine now add 5 or 6 inches more leverage to that lever the stock shocks cant handle that , and if they tell you they can they can also pull a rabbit out of a hat . go name brand , for a great quality kit that isnt too bad on price go with cognito it has 300 m rear axles and fox shocks . theirs a used long travel on the forums for sale cheep its xmf their great kits

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
There seem to be plenty of people frustrated by the cost of LT kits. I also see a lot of people with interference problems with and without them when using taller tires. No solution is ideal for all riding environments so sound off about yours.

I found a kit from Racertech that is under $2K that relocates the upper shock mounts front and rear, I suppose it reuses the factory shocks saving $1,100 to $1,200. OK by me, the LE has reservoir shocks on all for corners. Has anyone had experience with this kit? It's a six inch kit.

Practically speaking, how tall can you go on tires without interference?

I want the ground clearance and articulation of the LT kit for the trails and rocks her in AZ. I would also like a taller tire for the take off angle on obstacles and a larger tire patch.

Like most people, I find $4-$5K a bit hard to swallow, to say nothing of the spousal unit's lack of enthusiasm.

What say you all.
That Racer Tech kit does not reuse the factory shocks. It needs long stroke, aftermarket shocks to make it work and those shocks will probably cost another $1800 to $2200 depending on brand and options. There is a nice XMF used kit for sale right now.

·
Registered
859 Posts
if this is for the T4 in you avatar their kit won't work for you. I'm new to LT with my second teryx now tried spacers/aftermarket shocks and all that. I must say LT is truely amazing and worth every penny if you ride in the desert

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have racetach A arms , bent my RR lower twice wont go that rought agin,not happy wasent evin a big jump ether vary lame, not welded right, they used a mig on crome molly and over heated it ,should have used a pulse tig

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
The simple fact is this: buy a complete LT kit from a vendor. They have tested everything together and the kit will be dialed in from the start. If you've never been shock testing, you have no idea how much time and effort it takes to find the correct valving. Small tweeks are need because everyone has different equipment added/removed, ect...

I HIGHLY recommend you support the vendors that support our site. Call them and tell them exactly how your Teryx is configured, your riding style and they will get you in the ballpark.

I have a Lonestar +5 with Elkas and ride the same terrain as you. Night and day difference! I held out on LT for a long time with the same thinking (too much $$$). As soon as I took my first ride and thought it is worth every penny!

:icon_thumleft:

Ok now for the rest of your questions...I run 26" tall paddles and dirt tires. I did have to shave off a little on the rear fenders as the paddles hit. I'd say it was about a 1/4". I set my ride height (measured from the front and back of the frame) to about 13.5" to 14". Front wheel travel is ~15" and rear wheel travel is ~16"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts