what would everybody like to see in a long travel kit
the teryx is already 4" wider then the rhino so would you like a
Overall width: 58.3 in. stock

3" kit 64.3 in
4" kit 66.3 in
5" kit 68.3 in
6" kit 70.0 in
this doesnt include anything for aftermarket tires 1 or two inchs per side

so 6 " kit with tires and wheels will put you over 6 feet do you need a new trailer ??? A-Action Trailer Sales im glad im in the trailers biz also lol
will it fit on or in your trailer ???

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
6 ft. is getting pretty darn wide for a UTV!

I am definitely concerned about width on the Teryx. Thinking that a +3" - +4" would be good for sport/recreation use. But you'll probably need another kit for racers (assuming the power issue can get sorted out).

So Kawasaki talks about how their front end is designed like the KFX450R with the narrow frame up front for better geometry/travel. I took a look, and I don't really see much, if any difference. Do you?

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
6" definately 6" that will probably be super stable and with the right shock setup I'm thinking super smooth ride..!!!:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
well we all know more travel means extension. I think the $$$ issue also plays here and just like Johnny said,trailer fit is an issue. If building a lt rail its one thing to buy another trailer, but for a dam utv to have to sell even most enclosed trailers is a big step. i say just like the Rhino 3 and 6 to allow for all $$$ aspects and choices.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I say a 4" and a 6", I think it will still fit in most Toyhaulers I need to measure mine again when I get home. I did get lucky the Kawi is 75" tall and my bottom bunk is 76" Thank goodness for the Dovetail

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
4-5" Would be great. 70" wide is a bit over kill!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I say a 3" & 6". I was just ripping around the test track on stock width an 5-2 offsets. That was pretty stable. Tomorrow off comes the swaybar. That was the #1 improvement to a Rhino besides shocks. IMHO

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just a quick FYI the SoCal Fab 5" arm kit is producing 14.5 inches of usable wheel travel...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts