Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at Pitbull rockers? Read this!!!!!!

:run::run:Got my 26.5 ROCKERS mounted the other day and all I can say is wow!!! Im the kind of guy that does'nt belive everything I read and do a lot of reserch before I buy anything. Ive checked out every review on the net and red every post on all the forums till my eyes bled!! I was having a real hard time justifing the price for these things. All I can say is if you got the money for the other tires just save a little more and get the PITBULLS, you wont regret it! I bought mine at HELBENT offroad in chesterfield Mo . I actually went to PITBULL TIRES in downtown stlouis and met Mike the owner of the company. My first impression was that this guy knows what he is doin and is very intrested in all his customers feed back about all the tires they sell. as I was talking to him I noticed that they had a pile of all the other brand tires out there to compare to! He actuly encourged me to look at every tire there and compare them!! Thats what I call confidence in his product and company. The guys at HELBENT are really laid back and easy to deal with, They build pro rock crawling buggies and have a nice big shop thats awesome. Like MIKE at PITBULL says , Dont listen to what he says sbout his tires, do your reserch and check them out on youtube, forums,utv/atv mags etc !!! Oh yea These things Kick F#@kin ass , My stock teryx seriousely feels like a completley different machine, HONOR,GUTS,GLORY and they are made in the USA!!!!!!!!

The first thing i noticed is how good it steard , I thought it would feel heavy but it actuly stears better than the stock tires that ive had on for about a year. The other thing is a huge diffrence is side hill stability. I guess the old tires would tend to roll the side walls and just feel very unpredictable! The rockers with 8
lbs rear and 6 lbs front make this thing just stick . ive been going through some really off camber and steep ravines in 2wd where i would normaly need to put it in 4wd with the stock tires! With the pressure im runnin they measure exactley 26.5 tall, The stock ones at 8lbs would measure 24.5 tall . They weigh 31lbs rear and 27 front, just a little heavier than bighorns.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have the same tires. I'm not sure what to run my PSI at...I think I might have 8 in all four right now, guess I will check it out.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i got growlers on my t2 i finally got it in the snow and they work great there to,the beem to push a little on a hard pack dirt but other than that an excellent tire.i just bought another used set for 430$ shipped with a 100 miles on them the guy wants to go bigger there going on my atv.but yes they do live up to the hipe being a great tire

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hunter thats an awseome price on those!!! Even at full price they are worth the money!! Im a real tight wad and it killed me to part with the money for these things but im glad i did. Went riding yesterday in some real deep ravines and these things were just awesome! I now can go a super steep ravine then turn and go up the side, Before i wouldnt have a chance with the stock tires now when i go out im constantly pushing it to see what these tires can handle and all i can say is there awesome!!! for all of you looking at these tires do your reserch, you will like what you find!!

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
I just took my 26.5X12 rockers for their first spin on the Teryx 4. I had these on my Grizzly previous so I was aware how nice of a tire they were. Really like them on the T4!!! I am running 11lb rear and 10lb front PSI and it seems to work well. I ride very rocky trails so I am always tempted to drop lower but this seems to be the right spot on a 1600lb machine. Glad to hear you are enjoying them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pitbull rockers and power steering

I just put on powersteering to go with the rockers and what an awesome combination! the confidence you gain using the rockers ant the steering is awesome. Ive been a serious rockcrawler for years and have built several rock buggies and jeeps. When I first got my rex it was great but quicly realized it needed a little more. ive choped the cage,that was nice. I put on a winch that was fun.but when i put the tires on it was way mare than i expected. And now with the steering this thing is freakin awesome. I can drive through the tight woods with one hand on the wheel [while in 4wd] all relaxed and just enjoying a nice ride then get pumped up like crazy puttin this thing is some spots that I would have bet money It wouldnt have done before!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts