Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m looking into a 4 seater 2017 or newer I have been looking at you tube a few complaints are the motor heat on drivers leg also engine is loud when you want to talk to your Passages it’s hard to hear, and its top speed is 50 mph Besides that I really like it. But I’m not sure what to do I’m not looking to race the 50 mph I can deal with but the heat on your leg and a noisy engine it’s concerning for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The heat is there, but it is not intense or unbearable. I would call it warmth more than heat. I’m sure it could be mitigated easily with some foil or rubber insulation on the inside of the tunnel.

I could see it being bad if you closed in the cab, but with an open cab and just a windshield, it’s not bad at all.

Yes, they are fairly loud. You aren’t having a conversation using your inside voice while driving these. But it is not so loud that it hurts your ears. You do have to talk much louder though.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
13 Posts
I just got a 2021 le S and the heat has not been an issue. It's loud but tolerable with no complaints from the wife and kids. That being said, I don't have a windshield and we wear helmets. We're all extremely happy with the machine so far.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
What they said. If you're flooring it down the road it's hard to talk. Cruising down a trail at under 1/2 throttle or down a road at 35-40mph it's not so bad. I think a lot of the noise is from the air intake under the dash.
I usually ride in the mountains where it's nice to be able to get some heat from the console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What they said. If you're flooring it down the road it's hard to talk. Cruising down a trail at under 1/2 throttle or down a road at 35-40mph it's not so bad. I think a lot of the noise is from the air intake under the dash.
I usually ride in the mountains where it's nice to be able to get some heat from the console.
Yes most of the time I’ll be just cruising the back roads with family 20-30 miles an hour just want to be able to talk without screaming at each other

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
273 Posts
Yes most of the time I’ll be just cruising the back roads with family 20-30 miles an hour just want to be able to talk without screaming at each other
because of the mid engine design it is a bit loud in the cockpit as compared to sport machines with a rear engine. That being said, I don't think you will be having a normal volume conversation at 25 or 30 mph in any side by side without a com system. The noise was a concern of mine when I was shopping too, but honestly I don't even think about it anymore. The heat? well... it is there for sure. On really hot days the under the seat heat did bother me, but I just used some foil heat tape to block that space and it's not really an issue anymore. If it gets too hot out on the dunes or something, I just open the windshield for a few minutes and we're fine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you go a forum for just about any other brand or type of machine the people complaint about the same thing....just about all SxS's are loud and hot compared to a modern car, especially when running it hard. For the noise, go get in a convertible car or a Jeep with the top off and run 80 mph down the freeway and see how well you can talk to somebody in the back seat.

The 50 mph speed limiter doesn't bother me much, but depends on what your riding is like. To be honest I think any sustained 50 mph runs are likely to be on the pavement as a Teryx just doesn't have the suspension and agility to handle that type of speed in most off-road conditions. In any case you need some decent length straight sections to get up to the speed.

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
121 Posts
Noise used to be an issue for me. I spent a few hundred dollars and pieced together an intercom system for myself, my wife, and 2 kids and it absolutely changed our riding experience. A very cheap Bluetooth adapter allows me to pipe music in to the headsets off my phone and we can have normal conversations while driving around enjoying the scenery.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
264 Posts
Our T4 is a 12 month machine. That heat is welcome half the year and we deal with it the other half. We "toodle" around at 15mph or so most of the time. Noise from the speakers is sometimes worse than the machine itself. We visit even with the occasional backseat passengers.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
All good advice. For us, The Com intercom system was the solution to the noise issue. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Like everyone said, Teryx is loud…but all utvs are. Some utv’s more than others but no person is having an easy conversation in ANY utv at speed without a intercom system (rugged radios) etc. If thats not in your future, wear ear protection. It’s actually easier to have a conversation with ear plugs riding than without them. If its under 70 degrees the engine heat is not an issue and sometimes very welcomed! Over 70 degrees its there but again completely tolerable unless your in AZ in July running wide open for hours on end.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you could get away with an electric golf cart then. Buy a used one and save you some monny.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had my 2021 4 S LE for almost 2 weeks now and I have ran it non stop for an hour and I don’t feel the heat that others have complained about. Especially the ones on YouTube where one gentlemen takes a heat sensing gun and shows the temps. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Kawasaki has addressed the issue with this new model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, I’m looking into a 4 seater 2017 or newer I have been looking at you tube a few complaints are the motor heat on drivers leg also engine is loud when you want to talk to your Passages it’s hard to hear, and its top speed is 50 mph Besides that I really like it. But I’m not sure what to do I’m not looking to race the 50 mph I can deal with but the heat on your leg and a noisy engine it’s concerning for me.
Heat problem is the easy part buy heat shield all around inside engine compartment will take a few hours , gorilla tape and glue. Make sure it is installed and let it sit over night.
There are two options to get higher speed one. is have computer reprogrammed the other is through dyno jet if you buy this make sure it'd yjr MPG the one I goy actually is for making the electronic system run better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts