Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Teryx4 and while changing front wheel bearings I noticed play where the inner tie rod connects to the rack on the passenger side. I assumed it was a bad inner tie rod and replaced it. I now see it's actually the shaft in the steering rack that moves around like a bushing around it is worn. The driver side seems to be tight.

Does anyone know if the Brute Force upgrade kit would correct this problem? I think it only addresses the driver side. Any other suggestions if it won't? It looks like the only other option is a factory replacement of the whole rack.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if it is exactly what your are looking for but, Brute Performance sales some steering rack parts. Look them up on line, I have great luck with their parts and they are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update:

I removed the driver side inner and found that side had play in it also. I contacted James at Brute Performance (I just noticed I called them 'Brute Force' in my original post). He said some play is normal and asked for videos of both sides. I sent them last night and he got back to me quickly. James said that I didn't need to replace the rack and recommended cleaning and greasing the rack, and installing their rack upgrade kit:

They do sell complete racks, both with and without their upgrade kit. I appreciate the fact that he's saving me some money by not just telling me I need a new rack.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the upgrade kit Thurs and it arrived today (4 days later with a holiday in between). No complaints about that! Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it tonight. I'll update the thread with my results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update, in case anyone is interested. When I removed the rack to install the Brute Performance upgrade kit, I found there were broken teeth on the rack. I ended up ordering a new rack with the upgrade kit from BP and installed it last night. The rack came complete from end to end (minus the outer end nuts) and ready to bolt in. It installed with no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts