Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put a new choke/starter cable on our 2008 Teryx 750 and now when I fasten down the center console I lose power to starter?? All other electrical items still work fine. I can loosen the front screws and take out the back two plastic rivets one on each side it starts right back up fine??? I can not find any wiring bare/pinched when I remove the console? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
4,011 Posts
I’m sure you’ve already thought of this, but it sounds like the console is pushing against a wire and causing a short. I’d start by checking the wires on the starter and see if they are loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure you’ve already thought of this, but it sounds like the console is pushing against a wire and causing a short. I’d start by checking the wires on the starter and see if they are loose.
So I think I have figured it out? Not sure why it has changed anything, but when I loose power to starter I place the shifter in between neutral and high and it fired right up. I looked for a neutral safety switch but did not see anything. Any ideas to why it would change my shifter placement when I didn’t mess with linkage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts