Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have had an issue with this so I thought I would say this-

I have a 2013 Teryx 4 750EPS. When I first purchased the unit from Jay Hatfield Kawasaki and brought it home, the low pressure oil light would flash only at low idle after the engine was completely wormed up. I replaced the oil sensor with no luck on fixing it. After months of trying to get the dealership to look at this, I ended up taking it to a different shop to have them look at it. They checked the oil pressure and it was indeed low at idle and at high RPM. They told me they are going to have to pull the motor and disassemble to fix the problem. I called Kawasaki (talked to Tim) and he told me the same thing. Time to fix- three weeks!! WTF This is a new unit. It is covered under warranty, but still IT NEW!! And from what I have read I'm not the only one with this problem.
I feel like I spent plenty on this unit just to have the main part f-up. Come on.. What a Joke. It makes me sick

·
Registered
228 Posts
It happens. It happens with new vehicles. Its a machine built up of many moving parts. I'd be glad its covered under warranty...it sucks but at least they aren't fighting you on it. I'd be asking for some sort of credit or money towards accessories for them having it for 3 weeks. You'd think it would be easier to just order a new motor and then schedule an appointment when it comes in...aught to be able to swap a motor in 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree that "it happens" but I still would have to throw a fit. It's great that its under warranty but he will still have a brand new machine that will have had the motor open. Seems to me that the only right way to remedy the problem is to replace with a new factory motor.IMHO!
I would have to fight for some sort of "unwaivering" warranty on the motor for a long damn time!!! Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Kawasaki should do something for you at the minimum for your time not able to ride your brand new machine. Not sure when the weather gets cold in Kansas but we are having a 40 degree night in a few days here.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Well I just picked mine up from service last night for the same reason but only sensor change. Hoping that takes care of it.
I personally would call Kawi and push for a motor replace. You have a brand new machine that has the motor cracked open what else will come. If not I would push for the 2014 warranty on it for the 3 years.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
My light was blinking on my 12 t4 I took it apart and found a lot of corrosion on the oil pressure sensor Connector I cleaned that up and I Hope it helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts