Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of 2" wheel spacers in 4/137mm x 4/137mm.
I got them in the mail, took one wheel off & the bolt pattern on the wheel & hub look to be about 1mm smaller than the adapters.

Anybody else ran into this problem? I had heard the Teryx actually measures 4/136mm.

I took pics while holding a caliper up to get readings. I'll try to post them soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, if i send these 137's back & order 136's, I should be ok?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's what the adapter's studs look like compared to the rex's studs: :rm_thumbdown:
Auto part Gear Machine Wheel Hardware accessory

Here's the measurements of the studs on the machine... 148mm outside, 124mm inside = 136mm center to center
Auto part Machine

Auto part

Here's the spacer...126mm + 149.3mm = actually about 137.5mm center to center...:nuts:
Auto part Wheel Brake

Auto part Wheel Flange Automotive wheel system Metal

:question::question::question:

Reactions: sigarm13

·
Registered
340 Posts
is this difference enough to cause the wheels to not fit? i run two different sets of spacers at different times, both sets made by different manufacturers. never put a caliper on em but havent had any fitment issues.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Who's spacers are they? There definately not the correct size for the Teryx. They are close but close doesn't cut it when your mounting wheels.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lugs on the spacers wouldn't physically fit into the wheel.
Got em off ebay. I think seller was "Sixty ATV".
Auction didn't say "will fit Teryx", just had 4/137mm with 12mm lug.
I had looked up a wheel (by vehicle) on a couple of major sites just to see what lug pattern they showed & they all had 137mm.

I sent them a message on ebay, so I'll see how that goes...

Just to be sure I need them to actually measure 136mm and have 12mm studs right?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, you need 137
The ones I have are 137mm.
The lug pattern on them is too big.
Did u see my pics that show how the teryx studs actually measure 136?...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered wheel spacers on Ebay for my o8 Teryx from the same seller. They would not work. I returned them and got a refund. I then ordered from another vendor on Ebay (paid more & different design) and got a product that worked.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
4/136 is the correct size, with 12mm lugs. Some vehicles were 4/137 in the past, and because most of the wheels to fit those had large enough stud holes you could get away with them on a 4/136. It's not the best way of doing it, but it's been done. 4/136 is the true measurement, despite what many websites list. Remember guys, just because it is on the web doesn't mean it's true. Thomasbynum's measurements are correct.

Bones

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4/136 is the correct size, with 12mm lugs. Some vehicles were 4/137 in the past, and because most of the wheels to fit those had large enough stud holes you could get away with them on a 4/136. It's not the best way of doing it, but it's been done. 4/136 is the true measurement, despite what many websites list. Remember guys, just because it is on the web doesn't mean it's true. Thomasbynum's measurements are correct.

Bones
Thanks, i felt pretty sure of my measurements. Just seems odd this hasn't been covered more.
I guess most people just change wheels, but i'm gonna try to wear out the factory tires before i spend the money on new wheels/ tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a set of 1.5'' spacers from sidexside sports and the lugs on the spacers are smaller than the factory lugs and they seem to have too much play when I slide them on the factory lugs. Did they send me the incorrect spacers or is something different on a 2010 sport.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Sounds like they possibly sent wheel adaptors not spacers. You should have at minimum the correct size lug on the spacer 12mm. Are the spacers countersunk to fit a beveled lug nut? If so it shouldn't be a problem when you install them.

Teryx wheels use the hub as a guide to center them. The lugs only hold the wheel on, they don't align it.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
It doesn't matter what style of lug you use as long as you use the proper lug for the wheel or adaptor. Also need to make sure the wheel or adaptor fits the hub properly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am just about to order 1 1/5 spacers for my rex from sidebyside sports, do they work or should I go with a different vender?
I live in canada and dont want a problem having to ship them back if they dont work.
any info would be greatly appreciated I just put on bigger tires on stock rims and they have put a small dent in each one of my shock resivores so I need to get on this quickly before I end up having to buy new shocks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't have any experience with them. I've heard good things about the company though. I'm sure they make quality stuff.

I actually just installed some adapters from dragonfire racing. 1.5" wide, and adapts to honda/ yamaha rhino lug pattern. They fit great. They are hubcentric on the hub side (centers on the hub & uses flat nuts, not centered with the taper on the inside of lug nuts), just like the factory wheels are.
Here's a link to the ones i bought... eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

This way, my matching spare i have for my Honda 420 will fit. And I bought matching "rhino pattern" wheels, and XTR tires for the rex.

I'll try to upload pics later...

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had the same thing when i was going to put my foreman rims on my rex, i ordered a set aswell and did not exactly fit, they gave me two options, ship m back and also sell the rims or machine them a little to make the spacers fit the rim, make sure then it is exactly even and that is hard to do.
good luck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.