Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 teryx carbureted. Just had heads done with kibble white valves kit. Also replaced the piston rings. I already had dragon fire exhaust, cdi, coils, and afe air filter. When you are barely above idle or when you let off of gas it makes a weird sound. Like it it blowing off compression or missing. Is it possible I have a head or base gasket not sealed properly. I have tried to listen to it but just cant pinpoint it. I checked ignition with inline spark tester and it looked good. When you get about 20mph it runs awesome. You can floor it and it takes off great. The noise that I hear seems to be worse after it warms up. I also sprayed starter fluid around cylinders and heads but heard no difference. No signs of oil or water leaking around gasket areas. no water in motor oil. Please help. This thing is beating me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Do you have an AFR Gauge? I chased all kinds of these issues before I got one and had something similar going on. I learned one of my carbs had a plugged idle jet. I used the AFR to find which carb and where the issue was in the jet circuit. At idle, my front carb AFR was maxed out and all air... No amount of carb spray and such would clean this small idle jet in the carb. Need to remove it and clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sir I don't have a AFR Gauge. All I see are over $100. I have taken the carbs off again. I removed everything from carbs and let all metal pieces soak in carburetor cleaner. Have now blowed out and reassembled. Going to hopefully get them put on tomorrow after work. I hope this works.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Make sure you can see light through the pilot jet. I had to blow and then you a torch tip cleaner to make sure it was clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts