Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Moab bound

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  BobX2 
#1 ·
All loaded up and ready to hit the road.

See less See more
#4 ·
Have a great trip Bob. That's just a beautiful looking ride.

Reactions: BobX2
#7 ·
Had a great time in Moab. I honestly don't think there is a better SxS made for running the slick rock. I was absolutely blown away by how this KRX crawls. Just above an idle is all it takes to crawl over the toughest obstacles. So much different that any other CVT machine.
Attached is a link to my pictures and videos. Click on the picture for full screen picture or video.
Moab Pictures and Videos

#9 ·
Had a great time in Moab. I honestly don't think there is a better SxS made for running the slick rock. I was absolutely blown away by how this KRX crawls. Just above an idle is all it takes to crawl over the toughest obstacles. So much different that any other CVT machine.
Attached is a link to my pictures and videos. Click on the picture for full screen picture or video.
Moab Pictures and Videos
I just came back from the HMT trails and a few folks around us were amazed at how little effort it took to climb some of the obstacles/hills

#8 ·
Awesome pics and videos...that ole Polaris struggled in some...wheelbase and tires prolly hurt him too. The KRX made it look effortless...

#10 ·
The little I've rode with mine simply amazed me. It really is an effortless driving machine.

Reactions: BobX2
#14 ·
Those pics and videos are excellent. What was your favorite trail? Looked like you were on The Rim in a couple pics. That one is high on my list.

You happy with your new tires?

#15 ·
I don't know that I really have a favorite trail. If I had to choose, I think it would be the Trifecta. That's Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim. Start at Poison Spider and come out on Gold Bar. If you are not street legal, you will have to have a truck staged at the end (Gemini Bridges Rd) to get you back to the PS trailhead where you will have another truck as well. A little bit of a PITA, but it's worth it. It's typically a 6-7 hour ride if you stop and take pictures and lunch. We didn't really take a lunch break, and didn't stop for many photos and/or videos this time. Actually completed the ride in 4-1/2 hours. Not pushing hard, just didn't stop very often. There were also only two machines, with experienced drivers, which makes a huge difference in how long it takes to complete a trail like this. A challenge around every bend, never a dull moment.
We did not do Moab Rim. My buddy isn't much for off camber riding, and that trail is off camber for about 75% of the ride. I would like to ride it again sometime with my side by side. On my atv it was a fair amount of work in a few sections. Those pictures were taken at the top of Metal Masher and on Golden Spike where you overlook the entrance to Arches National Park.
If you are interested in the Trifecta, PM me your email and I will send you a google earth link with my place markers on it with the start, end, and some of the more well known obstacles on it.

As for the KM3's, yes, I am very happy with them so far. Have some 500+ miles on them and they are wearing and performing great. Could possibly have some snow on the ground Sunday, and that is the one test I haven't given them. (Might be to cold for me to want to get out and ride on Sunday :oops:)

#16 ·
We had a foot+ of snow here last weekend and another foot or so expected this weekend. Ugh.

#17 ·
Great ride it sounds like. I am hoping for a 4-seat KRX to emerge sooner than later. If not, the T4 will make the trip.

#20 ·
I am hurt that you even asked! But, since ours isn't exactly stock I'll let this one slide..... :)

T4s have been rolling all over Moab forever and are a staple of rental fleets there. Some of the footage I've seen on Youtube led us to a T4 in the first place. I've had ours on some really difficult stuff and it handled it easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.